Port Changes - what about excursions?

APagano

I think it's great that the cruise lines attempt to give passengers their money's worth by substituting ports whenever possible during storm situations. My question is this: when ports are substituted, do they offer excursions at the alternate port? For instance, this week the Majesty is going to Freeport instead of Coco Cay. Will RCCL offer last-minute excursions or is it basically, "Welcome to Freeport, you're on your own. The beach is that way."

After being re-routed to Freeport from Coco Cay (now there is a letdown:( ) it was basically "here is freeport...have a great day." In all fairness to RCCL they diligently attempted to make the best of a bad situation since the weather was to rough to tender in Coco Cay and it had rained all day in Naussau (basically all excursions were cancelled) we were offered another opportunity for a sunny day.

While I will not miss Freeport if I do not go there again I do appreciate the effort by RCI to make they trip pleasant. There was also word on the ship (don't know how reliable this is but) that Freeport is not a Sunday stop and many merchants came in on their days off to open shop for SovOS.

Archived