Mountain Top,Megan's Bay,shop-transportation???

travelwoman

We have been to St Thomas before but will be with others this October on the Princess Golden. We want to go to Mountain Top then spend the day at Megan's Bay. After most of the day there we'd like to go downtown and shop an hour or so before returning to the ship. How would you suggest we travel about. (I've seen the driving so don't want to rent a car) Would cabs do all this (Mountain Top is a bit out of the way. ) Or should we book with Godfrey's Tours - even tho we don't want an entire tour of the island. A cab all over is probably going to be more expensive, I would think (?). Any advice appreciated.

Book a Godfrey Tour! It's only $20 pp and you do get to go shopping first, tour the island, go to the Mountaintop, and to either Megan's Bay, Coki, or Sapphire Beach for 2 hours. Then he takes you back to the ship.... Great bargain and I'm sure you couldn't take taxi's for any less than what he's charging for the tour. I've got him reserved myself in October...

Taxis are easy and will be about the same price as taking Godfreys Tour... if you don't want a tour just pick a taxi when you get off the ship tell the driver you don't want a tour, you want to go to these spots and tell them the number of people in your group... as you will want the driver to wait for you at Mountain Top you will have to negociate a price... you can use the numbers before as a reference.

Havensight to Mountain Top - $7 a person

Mountain Top to Magens - about $6 a person

Magens to Havensight (where you can shop) - $6 a person

or if you go into town the 4th taxi... town to Havensight - $3 a person

Have a great time.

--Islander

Archived