Port Time vs. Ship Time

PatchesPal

I've seen other folks talk about how ship time can be different from the time of the place you're in port. Can someone please tell me about that regarding Puerto Vallarta? I want to make an appt. at the Krystal for a massage, but am not sure when to make that appt. Itinerary says we arrive at 8am, but is that 8am Puerto Vallarta time? Help!

Thank you!

This is a very helpful website for time conversion. It takes daylight savings time into account as well. http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ Scroll down and choose the "time conversion" option. Then you can enter the ship time (like when it arrives in port) and see what time it would be in Puerto Vallarta.

Hope this helps, I keep this link bookmarked, helpful planning any trip.

I'm assuming you will be sailing on the Pride. We sailed on it last year and had a great time.

Here's a link to the Pride Capers from last year. You will note on embarcation day on the bottom of the first page, you are instructed to turn your clock ahead one hour that evening, and upon leaving Cabo, turn your clock back an hour. Since it is a long day in port, you should have plenty of time to book your massage!

http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/tabid/288/Default.aspx

In viewing the dailies, it is helpful if you go up to view your toolbar and enlarge the text. I found this is a good site to get an idea of the activities on a ship that you have not yet sailed, even though it doesn't have every cruise line or sailing posted; they just get this info from people who have posted the dailies from their cruise.

Ship's time is at the Captain's discretion, there is no policy. He may change it to port time, he may not. You best bet is to ask the Roll Call Boards what the Capt.'s policy was on the latest cruise.

In the great debates on this issue on here over the years it has come down to be the Captain's discretion. I have found the people to know are the locals. When I book with them, they know the ships schedual.

Archived