Ambergris Caye

southwardbound

I stand corrected!:) I just got an email from Eco Tours and they do go to Ambergris Caye. The price is more than double that of going to Caye Caulker. Is it worth the difference?

Caye Caulker is a sleepy little fishing village w/ great restaurants.... San Pedro (Ambergris Caye) is more like a Miami in the caribbean.....

I just purchased a condo On Ambergris and did look at one on Caye Caulker as well... but the dfference in the two islands is night and day. Personally, I would opt for San Pedro for the tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind hat the difference is the distance. Caye Caulker can be reached by boat. Caye Ambergris must be reached by Air.

We used Ecotours for the Caye caulker snorkeling and had a fantastic time. Saw lots of big fish little fish, blue fish and yellow fish. (Dr. Seuss)

From ecotoursbelize.com

Board a Cessna Caravan for a 20-minute flight over the world's second largest Barrier Reef. At 1,500 feet you will be able to see the magnificent underwater formations and the many islands that dot the reef system. Upon arrival to San Pedro Ambergris Caye, "Temptation Island", you will be taken by boat to a popular marine reserve and the famous Shark Ray Alley. After you have snorkeled in the clear waters and had a personal encounter with Nurse Sharks and graceful Stingrays, you'll cruise back to San Pedro for lunch at a beachside restaurant. There will be time to explore the shops of the resort island of San Pedro

Keep in mind hat the difference is the distance. Caye Caulker can be reached by boat. Caye Ambergris must be reached by Air.

We used Ecotours for the Caye caulker snorkeling and had a fantastic time. Saw lots of big fish little fish, blue fish and yellow fish. (Dr. Seuss)

From ecotoursbelize.com

Board a Cessna Caravan for a 20-minute flight over the world's second largest Barrier Reef. At 1,500 feet you will be able to see the magnificent underwater formations and the many islands that dot the reef system. Upon arrival to San Pedro Ambergris Caye, "Temptation Island", you will be taken by boat to a popular marine reserve and the famous Shark Ray Alley. After you have snorkeled in the clear waters and had a personal encounter with Nurse Sharks and graceful Stingrays, you'll cruise back to San Pedro for lunch at a beachside restaurant. There will be time to explore the shops of the resort island of San Pedro

Totally INCORRECT.... Ambergris Cay CAN be reached by Water Taxi. You will first make a stop at Caye Caulker followed by Amergris Caye (San Pedro). Air travel is also available from the airport and only a 15 minute flight.

Caye Caulker is a sleepy little fishing village w/ great restaurants.... San Pedro (Ambergris Caye) is more like a Miami in the caribbean.....

I just purchased a condo On Ambergris and did look at one on Caye Caulker as well... but the dfference in the two islands is night and day. Personally, I would opt for San Pedro for the tour.

Miami??? To me,it was pretty sleepy.......maybe it was jsut the area we were in,,

Nope, we took a snorkeling boat trip and wound up there,,,,,,

Archived