Pumpkin Soup Recipe

JanLynne

Does anyone have the recipe for the Pumpkin Soup served on the EOS. We were on the ship a couple weeks ago and my husband loved the soup. I wanted to get the cookbooks and I completely forgot. Guess I will have to wait until next time, whenever that will be. Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's the same soup you had on EOS, but here is the "Pumpkin Soup with Red Pepper Mousse" recipe from the Savor cookbook! Enjoy! :)

Pumpkin Soup with Red Pepper Mousse

MOUSSE

1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed, and patted dry

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon Sherry vinegar

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin

2 tablespoons water

1/3 cup chilled heavy cream

SOUP

5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

5 carrots, chopped (1-1/2 cups)

1 large onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 bay leaf

1 (4- to 4-1/2-lb) pumpkin or butternut squash, seeded, peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces

3/4 teaspoon ground cumin

5 cups chicken broth

3-1/2 cups water

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

For mousse, purée peppers, oil, vinegar, paprika, and salt in a blender or food processor until very smooth.

Dilute gelatin in hot water and whisk in pepper purée 1 tablespoon at a time. In a bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed beat cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in pepper mixture, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.

For soup, in a large pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and sauté carrots, onion, garlic, and bay leaf, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened but not browned.

Add pumpkin, cumin, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in broth and water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are very tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Discard bay leaf and blend soup in a blender until smooth.

Just before serving, reheat over low heat. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with a spoonful of pepper mousse.

Thanks so very much. I am not sure if it is the same or not but we will try it. I am so mad I forgot to buy the cookbooks. I had a pumpkin soup this summer on Carnival Miracle but that was more of a sweeter soup but very good as well. Thanks again.

Archived