Benefits of Booking a Cruise while on One?

I was wondering what the benefits are to booking a cruise while on one if that makes sense? Do you get OBC or a discount of some sort? I try to get the best deal possible as we have 3 kiddos and normally have to book 2 cabins. I wait for the Hot Buys or Resident Specials. I am also a C&A Member currently at the Gold level, but becoming Platinum for next Spring. Any help on this subject is much appreciated! :o

You get OBC depending on the length of the cruise you book. You do have to put down a deposit though. However, I have had my deposit "due date" extended while on a cruise to pay it a bit later. Say I want to float the payment and I have it charged after my current credit billing cycle closes, I have been able to do this.

Another benefit is you get your pick of cabins that are available. The agent on board can see ALL available cabins that may or may not be on the website or shown to your TA.

You can also transfer the booking to your TA after you get home.

You can choose between booking a cruise or just the Next Cruise option.

If you book a cruise you will get OBC per cabin depending on the no. of days you cruise and you will put down $250 deposit per person. It is refundable up to (I think) 90 days prior to sailing, should you have to cancel. If you choose the Next cruise option, you will only put down $100 deposit and get the same OBC but the deposit is non-refundable. It however has no expiration ( at least I was told).

I would get 2 adjoining rooms to get separate OBC plus it's cheaper than one large family room, if you are a family of 5.

I just recently inquired about it in my last cruise and opted for the next cruise option. Found out with 2 rooms, my savings will be almost $1,000.

Plus I checked in the Crown and Anchor specials online and found the sailing I want has a special. That means more onboard credit for us.

Just make an apointment with the Loyalty Ambassador when you get onboard. He will explain to you what you needed to know.:) Make sure if you decide to book, you will get the paper that has your booking no. for the reservation and if you will get 2 cabins, ask for a certificate for OBC for the other cabin. Just to make sure you get the OBC that is due for each cabin. Good luck !

Archived