Fish, Snakes and valuables????

lasjls

I really want to try the cave tubing in Belize, but fish freak me out (we won't even talk about what a snake will do to me!) I had thought that maybe they wouldn't be so prevelant with so much activity around, but what can I really expect????

Also, I understand there is a place to change clothes, but are there lockers or anything to lock up your purse or wallet?

Thanks,

Laurie

I really want to try the cave tubing in Belize, but fish freak me out (we won't even talk about what a snake will do to me!) I had thought that maybe they wouldn't be so prevelant with so much activity around, but what can I really expect????

Also, I understand there is a place to change clothes, but are there lockers or anything to lock up your purse or wallet?

Thanks,

Laurie

Not to worry about the fish.....nor the snakes...... and yes there is a rest room area w/out lockers to change in before your trek into the rainforest enroute to the cave entrances. You will leave any valuables in the van or bus you are driven in and they will be safe.

FYI.... there is a "sticky post" at the top of the Belize boards giving a break out of the tour operators to choose from that come recommended by many CC members doing this tour.

We changed and then used the lockers. Our guide then took everyone's locker keys and put them around his neck, so they would be safe. He came down the river with us so we saw him the whole time. I wouldn't leave anything in the bus. Didn't see any fish. I'm hating snakes also and I didn't see any but there was a lot of noise from "a bird being eaten by a snake that was being attacked by another bird in a tree" off the path. So our guide said. I did not care to go back to check. Just don't be the first one in line down the path and all the wildlife will stay far away.

Archived