more questions on tours

suzysunshine

Now I'm thinking about the ray reef and rum point tour. I see Nativeway has one, but our ship is in port from 10 to 7 that day, and it looks like you have to check in at 8:30. Does anyone know of a later tour for that type of trip?

Thanks - Sue

Okay, I'm replying to myself!:D But in case anyone is interested, I contacted nativeway by email and they are going to do an 11:15 RRR trip! Yay!

Yay for you! :) I did the same thing, actually. We will be in GC from 10am to 7pm, and they are doing an 11:15 tour. We've heard lots of good things and can't wait! When are you going?

We used Nativeway the last time we were in GC.

They waited for everyone that was signed up on the tour before taking off. It's kind of chaotic with all the tour groups getting going in the same area, but they're more organized than most.

The super cool thing they did... while we were snorkeling in the Coral Garden area, our guide was diving down and bringing up giant conch shells. He dug out the conch inside and set it out. Then while we were motoring back to the pier area, he cut up the conch and mixed it with some fresh lime juice, onion, green pepper, Caribbean hot sauce and other mystery ingredients and served it to us on crackers. It was just about the freshest conch ceviche I guess you could try! At first, everyone was saying, "I'm not going to try that!" but then after they did, everyone was reaching for seconds. Needless to say, our guide got more than a few tips from his passengers that day -- just for the experience!

Archived