Can we make it to HOU by 1pm?

clansac

We're on the Feb 10th Voyager sailing and our only option right now is to fly home at 1pm on Sunday the 17th or wait until the next day. Things seem to say don't book a flight any earlier than 1pm but is that too close?

If you are talking about Hobby (HOU) then a 1pm flight time should be fine, but I would plan on having a private car service waiting rather than waiting on a shared ride shuttle and definitely don't use cruise ship transfers. If you are talking about IAH then 1pm would be stretching it.

We are going out of HOU and in theory, we are staying at the Springhill Suites. They say they provide roundtrip transportation from the port. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to carry off our own luggage unless there's something I don't understand. There's 2 adults and one 4 year old but we travel often and pack light.

Thoughts?

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to carry off our own luggage unless there's something I don't understand. There's 2 adults and one 4 year old but we travel often and pack light.

Since you say you pack light, as long as you can definitely carry every single piece of luggage (sometimes there will be stairs, etc) and handle the 4 year old (depends on how well behaved your 4 year old is:p) you should have no problems. Some people have a problem with packing light (me!) and aren't able to self disembark.

Thanks for your help- we did 10 days in Florida in the spring with two suitcase rollers and two backpacks so I think we can do it. It's just a matter of making sure they're not too heavy and that fragile stuff goes int he backpack so I can still roll the suitcase down the stairs.

Our only other option is to stay another night in Houston and leave at 10am the next day. We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything falls into place!

• 2 weeks later...

If Voyager's self-assist can get you off as early as I have on the Ecstasy, you'll be fine. We've been at our car by 8:30, which would be more than enough time to make a 1:00 flight at IAH with a few traffic snarls along the way.

ETA - I'm jealous!! I really wanted to do the 1/27 sailing of the Voyager for my 30th b-day (the 29th) but it just didn't work out. Enjoy the ship for me!

ETA - I'm jealous!! I really wanted to do the 1/27 sailing of the Voyager for my 30th b-day (the 29th) but it just didn't work out. Enjoy the ship for me!

Small world. I was originally booked for the 1/27 sailing for my 30th birthday as well. Had to cancel it due to work and the fact that I'm going to Maui with my family (who does not cruise)!

Archived