Meeting new people

mp cruiser

This maybe a stupid question. I'm new to all of this. I have been on 1 cruise with Carnival on the Conquest 2003. I keep reading about how everyone had a great time and the people in which they meet. Other than DH we didn't meet anyone new, Everyone seemed to be in there own world. I don't have a problem talking to people and even starting a conversation. Question how do you meet & make new friends on the cruise ships. We will be on the Glory 10/05. :)

You can start a roll call for your cruise on the Roll Call board - may be a little to far off to get much activity now but as you get closer it is a great way to meet fellow CC'ers before getting on the ship. Also, plan a CC meet and greet for sometime after sail away. We met many great people this way on our first cruise and also our upcoming one.

The easiest place to meet new people is at dinner. I still keep in contact with people that shared our dinner table on cruises. I've also met people on shore excursions, playing bingo, having lunch from the buffet, laying out by the pool - really all kinds of places. I've never had a problem meeting people, but then I like to talk.

Terri

When just the two of us are cruising, I meet people on a Roll Call thread here on CC first, then arrange a time and place to meet on the ship as suggested above. Our next cruise, some of us will be meeting at a hotel then on to a restaurant the night before we board. I seem to meet people everywhere. Having a larger table at dinner helps as well. We've met people on shore excursions as well as by just starting a conversation with people next to us on the ship. All you have to do is ask where they're from and how many cruises they've been on and it goes from there. :)

This maybe a stupid question. I'm new to all of this. I have been on 1 cruise with Carnival on the Conquest 2003. I keep reading about how everyone had a great time and the people in which they meet. Other than DH we didn't meet anyone new, Everyone seemed to be in there own world. I don't have a problem talking to people and even starting a conversation. Question how do you meet & make new friends on the cruise ships. We will be on the Glory 10/05. :)

A large dinner table is a great way to meet people. We lucked out last year and had an excellent group; very talkative, interesting, fun, etc. and we were always the last to leave the dining room.

Another is to get involved in the activities. Some of the late night "game show" type stuff is a fun way to meet new people (just expect a bit rowdier crowd by then!).

I'm a solo cruiser, and as most of you can probably tell, I don't meet a stranger. Not shy, me! I've met some great folks while waiting in line to board, and then running into them on the ship. I've also met 'new friends' at dinner. I prefer a large round table for 8-10, better for conversations all around the table. I've also met a few people while having a nightcap in one of the lounges. Hey, you can always meet people.....it's in the approach accompanied by a big smile.:)

The easiest place to meet new people is at dinner. I still keep in contact with people that shared our dinner table on cruises. I've also met people on shore excursions, playing bingo, having lunch from the buffet, laying out by the pool - really all kinds of places. I've never had a problem meeting people, but then I like to talk.

Terri

This is the same for us, or should I say me:) . We have made freinds and so many great memories.

I am the social butterfly while hubby is content to sit and read a book.:rolleyes:

*While standing in line at the pier try yelling "Does anyone post on CC?"

* Announce free drinks in the bar for all new friends.

* Announce loudly that you are going to the topless deck and staying there for the entire cruise.

Seriously, we have met people here and then got together onboard. We meet people at dinner and in some of the bars/lounges. We also meet fellow parents at Camp Carnival.

Try printing a cruise critic sign and hanging it on your door inviting other CCers to ring your cabin or knock. At the pier start conversations with those around you and participate in some of the activities. Always check with others on your first shore excursion to see if maybe you are also doing the same thing at another port.

We are meeting fellow CCers in Harrisburg for dinner the night before we fly out for our Sept. 25th cruise. We met them last year on the NCL Dawn because of a roll call I started for the Dawn cruise.

We arranged to met up with several people from the CC board on our Conquest sailing. It was great.

We've also started up conversations at the Art Auction and before the show in the showroom. It's not too hard. Just make a comment about the lovely new blouse someone is wearing - or - ask them what the name is of that great looking drink. Just the smallest thing can break the ice.

We always stand out by the railing on the deck during sailaway, watching the land get smaller and the ocean get bigger. It's easy to strike up conversations with others doing the same, because it's such bliss. Some of the people we've met doing that are great long distance friends now. Same with laying out on the pool deck and table mates at dinner. But, the key is that one of you has to strike up the conversation and then you have to keep it going until you're feeling friendly with one another. I don't think that's easy for everyone.

Archived