Visiting the Cloisters and Versailles garden in Nassau

routonc

My plan for Nassau is to do the walking tour, have lunch at Arawak Cay, then take a taxi to Paradise Island and see the Cloisters and Versailles Gardens, then take a taxi to Atlantis after the guard goes home to see the digs. Does this sound plausible? Would we be able to get a taxi from the Cloisters? Is Atlantis within walking distance?

Thanks in advance.

I do not know how long the walking tour is and you are right to get that done first thing before the heat of the afternoon. However if your tour is downtown you would need to go west by taxi to Arawak Cay and then back east to PI. I would eat downtown, take a taxi to PI.

You can walk to Atlantis easily from the Cloisters. Its a straight shot down the Blvd ( see Scuba's maps) or you can walk down to the entrance of Cabbage Beach 2 blocks from Cloisters and then walk along the beach up to the Riu. Have a drink at the bar at the One and Only and bask...

My plan for Nassau is to do the walking tour, have lunch at Arawak Cay, then take a taxi to Paradise Island and see the Cloisters and Versailles Gardens, then take a taxi to Atlantis after the guard goes home to see the digs. Does this sound plausible? Would we be able to get a taxi from the Cloisters? Is Atlantis within walking distance?

Thanks in advance.

If you are a walker.. then Atlantis is within walking distance of the Cloisters. It's really a pleasant walk if you are in decent shape.

Don't forget your camera.. The cloisters is really quite beautiful.

http://www.planetware.com/picture/nassau-paradise-island-french-cloister-at-ocean-club-resort-bah-bah326.htm

My Dh and I took a taxi from the Straw Market to the Cloisters (which is very small but quite lovely) then wandered a bit in the Versailles Gardens (I think it might be part of a private country club? Or hotel?). We then walked back to Atlantis. It was a fair hike but mostly down hill. Not much to see, nice suburban neighborhood. We were pretty tired by the time we got to Atlantis!

Archived