Chairs and umbrellas available for rent on Eagle Beach and Palm Beach?

iceburg1

Suggestions for inexpensive way to spend our day..

Day at Palm Beach Price Breakdown

These threads may also give you additional info:

Aruba Beach~Help!

Question about Palm Beach?

Moomba Beach? http://moombabeach.com/ Menu

Eagle Beach? I can give everyone a better idea when we return after January 3.

Eagle Beach is the beach between the High Rise area (Palm Beach) and the Low Rise are (Divi). It is directly across the street from Amsterdam Manor, La Cabana, and Paradise.

It is a beautiful stretch which has chair and float rentals available at the North end (across the street from Amsterdam Manor). There are trees which provide plentiful shade and the water is lovely. There is a bar where food/drink can be purchased and rest rooms are not far away (given the nearby resorts across the street).

An excellent choice.

On Palm Beach, are there multiple vendors or just one or two?? If several, can anyone recommend one ?Also, where is the best place to be dropped off at Palm Beach ?? Only 2 more weeks until our Crown Princess cruise, so all feedback is really appreciated!

There are vendors up and down Palm Beach. You can also rent chaises at MoomBa between the Holiday Inn and Aruba Surf Club. I read recently in another forum where someone said there was no charge for the chairs, but I have no first hand experience with it.

We used the one between the Riu and Radisson Resorts having asked the taxi driver to drop off at the alley way to De Palm Pier which is between the 2 resorts.

If you have the taxi drop you off between Riu and Radisson (there is an alley) you will be in the best position to explore Palm Beach. It is well-situated so you can not only enjoy what I consider the "best" area of the beach but also an easy walk to many of the name-brand resorts.

If you are up at Moomba's you will be between the Marriott and Holiday Inn which is near the far northern end of Palm Beach. Unless you particularly want to check out the Marriott facilities you might see more by being between Radisson and Riu.

My resort has beach rights at Moomba and even with free lounges I try to avoid it...If you are a party person, you might like Moomba better.

By the way, I advise you save time by avoiding the Surf Club. They are getting so crowded, the owners from the other Marriott timeshare next door, the Ocean Club, cannot even use their facilities at times. I know this because I am an owner at the Ocean Club and the Marriott is starting to have have trouble accommodating even their own guests...

Could someone tell me "how far" of a walk is it from ...Moomba Beach to the beach area... between the Radisson and the Riu?:confused:

We're taking the Jolly Pirates...Sail Snorkel & Sail morning tour and want to relax on the beach after that tour....JP start and finish their tours at Moomba's. Our ship Celebrity's "Summit" will be in port to 11:00pm so we were thinking of lounging on the beach until late afternoon before heading back to the ship.

We're looking for a spot on the beach that has lounge chairs, umbrellas, floats etc for rent... as well as bar/food service to your chair. The area between the Radisson & Riu... sounds like the area we'd be interested in. We prefer a less raunchy beach spot. ;) ..too kick back and people watch.

Is the walk between Moomba Beach and the area between the Radisson and Riu...do able? Taxi's available close by to get back to the ship?

Thanks in advance for and info you can share with us.

Pat :)

Could someone tell me "how far" of a walk is it from ...Moomba Beach to the beach area... between the Radisson and the Riu?:confused: Is the walk between Moomba Beach and the area between the Radisson and Riu...do able?

Taxi's available close by to get back to the ship? Thanks in advance for and info you can share with us. Pat :)

Figure 1/2 to 3/4 mile walking along the beach from the Holiday Inn to De Palm Pier which is between the Riu and Radisson where the vendors in question are located. Aruba Grand Resort in the photo below is NOW The Riu Resort but the mileage is all the same. (FWIW the Allegro is also now the Occidental)

mileage.jpg

When we spent the day in this same area last December it was very easy getting a taxi back to the ship simply by walking through the grounds of the Radisson and up through their lobby. Just make sure your bathing suits are dry as the taxi drivers will not take anyone with a wet bathing suit.

Taxi fare http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html from Palm Beach to Oranjestad and the cruise terminal is $10 per car, NOT per person and limited to a maximum of 5 persons per car. Add an additional $3 for Sundays and holidays.

will be in aruba during christmas week. there will be 1 other ship in port with mine. we are looking for a quiet out of the way.........beautiful beach.......with shade, chairs and food.........is eagle beach the way to go? there are 8 of us.

http://beta.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147247-i144-k1540969-Visiting_Aruba_Beaches-Aruba.html According to the folks over at Cruise Critic's sister bulletin board at Trip Advisor, there are currently no place to rent shade or chairs on Eagle Beach.

I have only been on land vacations to Aruba 15 times and there are folks over there on Trip Advisor who have been to Aruba much more than I. They know of no place for the exact same specific week in question, which fills your specific requirements.

There ARE vendors on Palm Beach who rent umbrellas, chaises and there are plenty of food and beverage outlets all up and down the beach.

A simple answer to a much asked, but not answered question. ?

watersports_vendor.jpg

• 2 years later...
Suggestions for inexpensive way to spend our day..

Day at Palm Beach Price Breakdown

These threads may also give you additional info:

Aruba Beach~Help!

Question about Palm Beach?

Moomba Beach?http://moombabeach.com/ Menu

Eagle Beach? I can give everyone a better idea when we return after January 3.

First and last time 2001 I was in Aruba we to a water taxi and they left us stuck there all day.Not surewhat beach it was. It was not nice. We are looking for a nice beach where we can rent chairs, get drinks and maybe some music. Can you help us? :o

There are only two beaches which you must go by boat. De Palm Island or Renaissance Island (used to be Sonesta).

I would take a look at the threads at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/tags.php?tag=aruba+amsterdam+manor

as well as

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/tags.php?tag=aruba+palm+beach

and get a feel for which one best suits your needs. The Amsterdam Manor limits their rentals so have a "plan b" and does not offer music.

Archived