Uxmal question???

Cages2000

Hello

I am going to be in Progreso on Halloween and we have decided on Uxmal. I don't want to go with the Carnival tour and was wondering other options. Any ideas? I often rent a car in Mexico but I can't find any companies that rent in Progreso, you have to find your way to Merida. A private tour or bus tour would be OK. I would love to know your experiences and recomendations. Thanks!

Cages

We were just there Oct. 3rd and we did the Uxmzl tour through Carnival. We were pleased and enjoyed the tour very much. We had a guide for the trip and a guide at the site. We climbed everything there except the largest one which is roped off, but averything else is open. It was nice to have a driver and see the area and not have to drive.

We were just there Oct. 3rd and we did the Uxmzl tour through Carnival. We were pleased and enjoyed the tour very much. We had a guide for the trip and a guide at the site. We climbed everything there except the largest one which is roped off, but averything else is open. It was nice to have a driver and see the area and not have to drive.

Can you give any details about the trip to Uxmal?

We were picked up at the terminal, and our guide for the bus trip there talked about the areas that we were going through which made the time pass very quickly. After arriving at Uxmal our site guide took over and and did a great job explaining the different structures and how they were used. The Pryamid of the Magician is HUGE. You could not climb on this one but everything else was open and you could enter and climb at will. the tour accounted for about half our time there and the rest of the time was free to explore on our own. It is a truly great place. After leaving we were carried to the highest point on the Yucatan where we stopped at a shop. We then continued on to Muna and on back to the cruise terminal.There were 14 buses going to Itza and only our one going to Uxmal, therefore did not feel rushed or crowded. We had about an hour for shopping before getting on the ship. I would reccomend this trip to anyone.

Archived