Cruising with little kids (5 & 2)

lukesmom

I think you will do well with that ship. Have sailed with children from 10 mo to young adults. They all seem to enjoy CCL and RCCl the best. Only a hand full actually liked a week on DCL (after all the cost they really were not crazy about it). At that age they cannot do a lot of things. Camp Carnival is wonderful for them. I am taking two 4 yr olds on Triumph in Nov. One turns 5 while there and a 2 yr old will be in our group of friends. I will post a review when we return. I am getting a Spa deck 6E cabin for the 4yr olds, You may want to consider one of them.

I replied to you on the other thread but I didn't say which my kids liked. I have kids who have been sailing since they were babies. They are 3 and 7 now.

As far as kid's program, both kids LOVE Camp Carnival.

As far as ship, my kids like the RCCL Freedom Class better than any ship out there. They love the kid's program too, Adventure Ocean (but your 2 year old would be too young for it, they only accept 3 and up)

This is H20 zone on Freedom of the Seas

IMG_0724.jpg

I have never sailed on RCCL (but I plan to after our next cruise) so I can't say from experience, but I would stick with Carnival for now since you have a child that is 2 and they will accept him/her in Camp Carnival. Yeah, there are some great things on RCCL outside of their kids program, but CCL also has water parks, mini golf, and pools (sorry no rock climbing walls or ice skating rinks). Why pay for babysitting when you get it for free on Carnival...

One vote for Disney Cruise linecharacter0163.gifcharacter0164.gifcharacter0047.gif :D We have sailed with DCL since before it was even DCL ( premiere...Big Red Boat( little red dingy) :p ) and have always loved the kids program. My kids have been sailing since they were babies some even before they were born and they love Disney( and they are not Disney kids per say...Universal Studios all the waycharacter0027.gif ) we are going with RC this year for a christmas cruise ...but hands down its Disney for us, I may change my mind after this next RC cruise but we will see

I love my kids, not 1500 of them.LOL

You know what we hardly ever noticed other kids seariously! We have even booked disney cruises for womens only trips ( no kids, no husbands! ) thats how much we love them...believe me I dont like being around hundreds of brats but we have NEVER had a problem with a ton of kids or their behavior...now adults on the other hand.....:rolleyes: :D

We've cruised on Carnival Victory three times with a fourth booked next summer. Our youngest was 4 on our first Victory cruise and we were very pleased with Camp Carnival's 2-5 program - lots of good activities. Victory also has a mini golf course that's a lot of fun (if challenging when you're sailing and it's windy:p .) Victory's in drydock right now; there's some thought that they'll be adding a movie screen on the Lido deck during this drydock, since Carnival's advertising that she'll have one when she takes over the Southern Caribbean route out of San Juan next year. If so, having on-deck movies is fun for the kids - there's usually several movies scheduled for them.

I know that both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean offer incabin babysitting at night and the youth program for 3 and up is fantasic. Consider these lines.

Also- Cunard takes kids 1 and up during the day and night! The QM2 is the niceset ship I have ever saided ( out of 22)

We have taken our now 4 yr old DD on several cruises. Both Carnival and NCL have great programs for kids. Our DD enjoyed NCL more because the kids were allowed (as part of the supervised program) to be in other parts of the ship. They often had parades through the pool area or on the main deck/atrium after they dressed up as pirates or princesses or whatever the theme for the day was. They also had mini-buffets set up especially for them. Carnival kept the kids confined to their area (I am sure for safety reasons) but she got a little frustrated with that after having been on NCL and able to see and do more on the other areas of the ship. We are scheduled to sail on RCCL with her for Thanksgiving this year...have heard good things about their programs as well. I think they are all good! Have a great time, it is the best way to travel as a family!:)

Archived