Chair Hogs

meganwithanh

I don't do this, but there are plently that do as you will see. If you see chairs with stuff on them and no one has returned to the chair for a long time, I suggest you ask the person next to it if anyone has been sitting there. If not, then move the items and enjoy. They are not supposed to save chairs so if you are confronted, you can mention that and get a crew member to back you up.

I don't do it. It's a fact of cruising. I don't let it bother me. This is a subject beat to death. Sail on Galaxy or Mercury, get a balcony on deck 12 and don't worry about it. I think of it this way. I could be at home or I could be on a cruise ship without a chair by the pool. If I want a chair I can find it, it just may not be pool side.

There are usually plenty of chairs on the deck that overlooks the pool, so we usually just go up there. Last few cruises, though, I've seen deck attendants removing towels from chairs that hadn't been occupied in 30 mins or so.

Archived