Captain Johnny

Mably

Does anyone know when Captain Johnny is returning to the Mariner? We leave next Sunday Oct. 28th and my daughter is hoping he will be the captain then! She loves his Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning lol.

Thanks, Mary

Does anyone know when Captain Johnny is returning to the Mariner? We leave next Sunday Oct. 28th and my daughter is hoping he will be the captain then! She loves his Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning lol.

Thanks, Mary

Yes, that was his signature greeting on the ships loudspeaker. Almost forgot. He was quite the entertainer on stage too.

Jimmers:)

In august the staff told me that almost all of them would be transferring to the ship taking the place of the mariner, but that captain johnny would be going to the west coast with the ship.
Glad I got to sail with him 3 times. Bet he thinks that taking the ship around the "horn" would be a neat experience.

Sherri I feel the same way, I unfortunately missed him on my last two cruises, going to try somehow to get back on her one more time when I know he is there before they leave.

I can only imagine going around the horn with him will be quite an experience! I wish I could go

Sherri I feel the same way, I unfortunately missed him on my last two cruises, going to try somehow to get back on her one more time when I know he is there before they leave.

I can only imagine going around the horn with him will be quite an experience! I wish I could go

Watch wolfcathorse's therad on captains and do the math (get in the middle of his rotation). We may try to go one more time. It is such an easy drive and I really love the ship. DH wants to try some other ships so I would think another trip on Mariner would be last minute because of price etc.

In august the staff told me that almost all of them would be transferring to the ship taking the place of the mariner, but that captain johnny would be going to the west coast with the ship.
'

Actually, we heard otherwise in September >> that both Captains prefer to stay on the east coast. Captain Johnny's family is in Norway --- it's several hours closer from PC than from LA!

But regardless of all of that, we're talking 2 years out from now. How many of us have any idea where our job will take us in 2 years? Could be that Captain Johnny decides he's ready for a new challenge and takes on Genesis!

'

Actually, we heard otherwise in September >> that both Captains prefer to stay on the east coast. Captain Johnny's family is in Norway --- it's several hours closer from PC than from LA!

But regardless of all of that, we're talking 2 years out from now. How many of us have any idea where our job will take us in 2 years? Could be that Captain Johnny decides he's ready for a new challenge and takes on Genesis!

Very true -- two years is a long time and RCI is moving captains around the fleet.

A few weeks ago on Mariner, we went and listened to Capt. Per's talk. He told that Capt. Johnny will be taking the MR around the horn, and Capt. Per will be taking over The Independence.

Yes -- Captain Per is doing one more rotation on Mariner and then over to Indpendence. That is on wolfcathorse's thread on Current Captains. He will rotate with Captain Zini on IOS.

Archived