Who will be captain on each of the Queens on arrival in NYC on 13 Jan?

Runaway

Anyone in the know or care to make a guess at who will captain each of the Queens on their arrival in NYC on 13 Jan?

I'd definitely like to see Boy Racer Capt McNaught take us in on QE2. Presumably Capt Wright will be at the helm on QV and what about QM2? Capts Rynd or Warner?

It's exciting enough for me being one of approx 9,000 passengers and crew. I cannot begin to imagine what an honour it must be for each of the Capts.

I wonder if Cunard already has the next meeting of three Queens in the pipeline following release of QE in 2010? In hindsight, when I think back to the magnificent WC dinner in Dubai in 2006, I wonder if the sale of QE2 was already in the bag, or sealed, then. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Leone

Anyone in the know or care to make a guess at who will captain each of the Queens on their arrival in NYC on 13 Jan?

I'd definitely like to see Boy Racer Capt McNaught take us in on QE2. Presumably Capt Wright will be at the helm on QV and what about QM2? Capts Rynd or Warner?

It's exciting enough for me being one of approx 9,000 passengers and crew. I cannot begin to imagine what an honour it must be for each of the Capts.

I wonder if Cunard already has the next meeting of three Queens in the pipeline following release of QE in 2010? In hindsight, when I think back to the magnificent WC dinner in Dubai in 2006, I wonder if the sale of QE2 was already in the bag, or sealed, then. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Leone

I will be on the QE2 on the January 2008 crossing and, according to what I was told a few weeks ago when I was a guest for lunch on QE2 while she was in NY during the Autumn Colors crossing, it is supposed to be Ian Mc Naught. I sure hope so, too. I think he has all the final voyages, too.

The 3 ships, I was told by a Cunard Line rep with whom I had lunch, will enter the harbor in succession, Queen Mary 2 as flagship first, followed by QE2 and then Queen Victoria. Queen Mary 2 will go to Red Hook, while QE2 and Queen Victoria will go to the NY Passengership Terminal in the West 50's. Some sort of ceremony is being planned for the presentation of the key to the city by the mayor's office.

Paul Wright will be on Queen Victoria. I am not sure about Queen Mary 2.

Fireworks are planned for the triple departure later that day.

It will be a PR orgy for Cunard's spin machine! I plan to count how many times Carol Marlowe uses the word "iconic" :rolleyes:

I will be on the QE2 on the January 2008 crossing and, according to what I was told a few weeks ago when I was a guest for lunch on QE2 while she was in NY during the Autumn Colors crossing, it is supposed to be Ian Mc Naught. I sure hope so, too. I think he has all the final voyages, too.

The 3 ships, I was told by a Cunard Line rep with whom I had lunch, will enter the harbor in succession, Queen Mary 2 as flagship first, followed by QE2 and then Queen Victoria. Queen Mary 2 will go to Red Hook, while QE2 and Queen Victoria will go to the NY Passengership Terminal in the West 50's. Some sort of ceremony is being planned for the presentation of the key to the city by the mayor's office.

Paul Wright will be on Queen Victoria. I am not sure about Queen Mary 2.

Fireworks are planned for the triple departure later that day.

It will be a PR orgy for Cunard's spin machine! I plan to count how many times Carol Marlowe uses the word "iconic" :rolleyes:

Bobby, thanks for that.

Is Carol Marlowe expected to be aboard either of the three ships do you know?

Leone

Is Carol Marlowe expected to be aboard either of the three ships do you know?

Leone

Aboard Queen Victoria, if any, I imagine.

Thanks for the info, Bobby. I was wondering how the plans were shaping up. We'll be on QV, bound for Sydney. Looking forward to this special occasion!

K.

What about the Pacific Princess?

CAP'T:

Merrill Stubing

Passengers:

Joyce Bullifant

Dick Gautier

Charo

Skip Stevenson

Morgan Brittany

Marion Ross

Martha Raye

Dick Van Patten

Charles Nelson Riley

Just a chuckle for y'all.........

-MB

Leone

Yes it will be the Great, Captain McNaught ,in charge of the "QE2" from Southampton to NYC and beyond...... :D not that im biased in anyway !!!! :rolleyes: But i have it on good authority that he`s not always a Boy Racer !!!!! :eek:

regards,

Gav :cool:

Bobby1119,

I hope you're right about Captain McNaught being on all the final voyages. Can anyone confirm this? Also any information yet about whether he's going to QM2 or QV?

From the way he announced the new QE to us on the recent Autumn Colours trip, I suspect that he may well become Master of the QE.

Gavin

Bobby1119,

I hope you're right about Captain McNaught being on all the final voyages. Can anyone confirm this? Also any information yet about whether he's going to QM2 or QV?

Yes Captain McNaught will be on the final voyages :D :D (touch wood) but not sure where after "QE2", dont think it will be "QV" so more likely "QM2" then hopefuly the new "Queen Elizabeth" :D

regards,

• 4 weeks later...
Yes Captain McNaught will be on the final voyages :D :D (touch wood) but not sure where after "QE2", dont think it will be "QV" so more likely "QM2" then hopefuly the new "Queen Elizabeth" :D

regards,

I agree with you Gavin Captain McNaught should surely be the first captain on the new Queen Elizabeth no question about it. Would hope Cunard will announce this before QE2 s farewell voyage.

Yes it will be the Great, Captain McNaught ,in charge of the "QE2" from Southampton to NYC and beyond......

Oh Hooray! Brilliant, I think Captain Rynd is brilliant.

I think they're both great. I'd be happy with either.

Looking forward to another crossing with Captain Rynd on QM2 in due course... Nothing booked, but it's on my list of 2009 options.

Matthew

regards,

He told us he's doing the last three months. So presumably taking over late August.

Which means he'll be on the bridge for my last QE2 trip, having been on the bridge for my first....

Matthew

I agree with you Gavin Captain McNaught should surely be the first captain on the new Queen Elizabeth no question about it. Would hope Cunard will announce this before QE2 s farewell voyage.

Hi QueenFan,

If Captain McNaught is to be Captain of "QE", then she shall be my next choice of Ship.

Gavin

He told us he's doing the last three months. So presumably taking over late August.

Which means he'll be on the bridge for my last QE2 trip, having been on the bridge for my first....

Matthew

And my last trip !!! :D

Gavin

Matthew

Which means he’ll ALSO be on the bridge for our last QE2 trip, having ALSO been on the bridge for our first. Moreover, and somewhat surprisingly on the first, a WB Transatlantic in the farewell season, we were honoured to receive invitations to dine at his table in Mauretania. How good was that? :)

What a coincidence Matthew. I wonder if Captain McNaught was on the bridge for the first voyage of any of the others who posted on the roll call for Autumn Colours 08, especially as when I last checked the roll it was going to be the last voyage on QE2 for all of us.

I recall how during the reception he hosted in his quarters on the 03 TA I deliberately, though hopefully discreetly, brushed aside a curtain behind me to see what I could see. I got a bit of the devil in me after the odd Baileys and I simply wanted to know what was behind the curtain;) It led nowhere, and in fact the curtain was purely decorative. Little did I know for half an hour later Capt McNaught came over and asked me “and what did you find behind the curtain”? I blushed, and somewhat embarrassingly this voice from out of nowhere squeaked “I always like to know what’s behind me, just as much as I like to know what’s ahead”. Fortunately an officer came up to make an introduction to other guests so I was spared.

Hi QueenFan,

If Captain McNaught is to be Captain of "QE", then she shall be my next choice of Ship.

Gavin

I'll second that, although one of these days I will definitely book a TA on QM2, perhaps in conjunction with a Caribbean, and I don’t rule out a tester on QV, perhaps the likes of the Russian Rendezvous voyages.

My UK TA has already registered my interest in QE and will notify me when Cunard opens a waitlist. Do you know how long in advance of launch of QV did Cunard take registrations of interest for the maiden voyage? My agent didn’t think Cunard would open registrations for QE until the New Year, after QV is fully launched and booked.

Most of all I would like QE to have some single cabins or lower the single supplement. If not, I guess I will just have to either save harder or book half as much voyages. I did read on another thread where it was suggested that perhaps the single supplement may be lowered for diamond CWC'ers....if so, yipee:D

Leone

Archived