Family-friendly Antigua

chef1960

We are sailing next week (10/28) on the Destiny. Any suggestions for what to do for families? We have a 3 year-old and will also be with a 1 year-old, 9, 12 and 13 year-olds. In addition, we will be with my parents - who are 76! (They do not have to come along, but....)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just getting ready to post when I realized you will already be on the cruise! Anyway, this might help another family. We were in Antigua two years ago with our family and the children loved it. They were 11,9 and 6 at that point. We stayed at a resort so they loved the beach of course, and there are a lot of nice ones there, but they really enjoyed Shirley Heights. There is a great presentation there about the history of Antigua, some great scenery and a beautiful drive to get there. The history part has different characters speaking about their past in Antigua. Very educational. I would think the 76 year olds would enjoy that too. Nelson's Dockyard is quite interesting as well. It is just a beautiful island and small enough for a nice drive around, so that was great.

Archived