Electric Power aboard Zuiderdam

NYCBeach

I will be taking my camera, laptop, I-Pod, I-Pod docking pad and speakers and my cellphone on Zuiderdam next week, all of which require recharging. Can anyone please advise whether I need converters in order to use the electric power in my stateroom. Thanks!

I will be taking my camera, laptop, I-Pod, I-Pod docking pad and speakers and my cellphone on Zuiderdam next week, all of which require recharging. Can anyone please advise whether I need converters in order to use the electric power in my stateroom. Thanks!

You will not need a converter. You may need a small power strip, though. :)

I am bummed out that I have to use a converter. I have several of them but it's just another thing (or four) to have to pack/carry/take care of.
What are you reading? revneal/Greg clearly said "no converter".

I recently half paid attention to some documentary on the Roman Colosseum, whereby the crowds got to determine, by show of thumbs, who lived or died, when a gladiator was pinned, by sword or other instrument of death.

The thumbs down gesture was a representation that weapons be put down and the gladiator allowed to live another day. Thumbs up meant, "let the entertainment continue" and the gladiator was killed. It was all about the perspective of the gesture.

The thumbs up gesture is considered vulgar in many part of the word.

That's truly fascinating. So in other words, it is actually a 'good' signal and the opposite is quite truly the opposite. I use the thumbs up quite frequently, especially in traffic when someone yields a right of way. (I live in a place where it's virtually impossilbe to make a turn onto the main highway unless a driver coming the the opposite direction is polite). I hope I haven't offended anyone!

Wait a minute ... wait a minute ... wait a minute.

About this "converter" business. Rev Neal is a Rev and he is available anytime if you need to convert. If he's not on board and you feel the need to come forward for Jeeeesus, you will need to bring your own converter.

Is that clear?

Now, about the vibrator; is that what you hold in your hand to relax it after a long day of shopping?

Wait a minute ... wait a minute ... wait a minute.

About this "converter" business. Rev Neal is a Rev and he is available anytime if you need to convert. If he's not on board and you feel the need to come forward for Jeeeesus, you will need to bring your own converter.

Is that clear?

Now, about the vibrator; is that what you hold in your hand to relax it after a long day of shopping?

LOL...poor NYC Beach...LOL.....ROFEL!

Although I must say the answer gets a big thumbs down!

Huh?

I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I answered your question without making snide comments regarding how much you bring, so I'm not sure why I get a thumbs-down.

You don't need a converter -- though you can have an extra plug if you do, for each cabin is outfitted with both European and North America outlets and cycles.

Truthfully, I have no room for making snide remarks about the amount of electronic toys anyone brings ... I bring at least as much as you do in the way of technological conveniences. But, I didn't say anything about that. All I did was state that you might want to bring a power strip. I do; it's necessary for me to be able to plug in my (1) laptop, (2) digital camera charger, (3) video camera charger, (4) iPod onstage (and charger), (5) iPhone charger (though I may give myself a break and just charge it through my laptop's USB port. :D

I am bummed out that I have to use a converter. I have several of them but it's just another thing (or four) to have to pack/carry/take care of.

You don't have to bring a converter. Your cabin will have both North American (110-120 v) and European (220-240 v) power ports. If you have a converter, and want to bring it, you can double your plug outlets, however.

Apparently I didn't read this answer correctly and thought Revneal said I did need a converter. Please excuse the confusion.

Ouch ... someone please teach me to read the WHOLE thread before posting responses!!!!!!!!

:)

Sorry if I wasn't clear-enough. Glad that was straightened out. :D

Rick....you are in a Suite and have enough US power outlets! You will be fine! Don't fight with strangers (and the common people)...LOL!!!

How about those that are "just dead common??" :)

How many 110-120 volt outlets does a suite have? An inside cabin only has 2.

Archived