Thallasotherapy Pools?

bigsister

Just returned from the Century "two free days because of Frances" cruise!!

I thought the T-pool was a combination of salt water, some chlorine and minerals, and that it's chiefly the minerals that are harsh on the suits. It did do a job on my suit [i went out and bought a cheaper one on sale, rather than use one of my favorite ones]. I also always rinsed mine out [as well as rinsing me!] right afterwards. The pitch from the spa people said something about removing toxins [that seemed to be their explanation for everything in the spa!], but mostly it's just very relaxing - which is why you would want to use it.

I'm missing it already!! [That, and the creme brulee, and the breadsticks, and Corado and Jorge, etc. etc.]

I would like the prices for tpool on Galaxy also, please. Does anyone get it for free? Is this pool bad for fading suits?

Someone said about taking your suit off in the shower there but I'm thinking they were not talking about the showers that are mentioned right beside the pool? Those sound like they are in full view? Could scare some people off, I would imagine!

Hi folks!

As my pal Sharks mentioned, we have just returned from the Century after a nine day voyage due to the hurricane. The price of the T-pool on board was $20 per day or $60 for unlimited visits for the week. I bought the week pass, which turned out to be an even nicer bargain since our cruise was extended to 9 days instead of 7. My inexpensive swimsuit from CostCo had no fading of any kind and I spent 45 minutes to an hour soaking in the T-pool most days on board. Is it worth it? I thought so as I like to spend at least 30 minutes a day in the whirlpool or hot tub after working out when I am on board. This particular cruise had a large group of younger teenagers aboard who dominated the hot tubs everyday for 3-4 hours in the afternoon. The t-pools were never over crowded and a tranquil visit every time.

Sharks - glad to hear you are home safe and sound!

Archived