WWYD..Reception

JmeAce

We are getting married 4/9/08 in Cozumel, MX. I am trying to figure out what would be best to do for our reception there. We are having a nice reception when we return but want to have something for those who went.

Option A: Lunch on the beach after our ceremony.

I am worried about this because our wedding is at 11:00 AM, we are having pictures after, and the wedding planner has another wedding planned at 2:00. Getting pics before is not an option for me, I want groom to see me for the first time walking down the aisle. I am flipping that there won't be enough time for everything, but think it would be really nice.

Option B: Having dinner for everyone at one of the specialty restaurants onboard.

I would love this too, but at the same time I am not sure how we get this booked ahead of time. Some say to do it through the TA, but he hasn't helped much. My other concern with this is that my 7 year old brother would not be able to attend and I can see my parents being upset about that. I think this would be better food though.

AHHH I am starting to freak out!

Thanks!

Nevermind, i figured it out.

I just wanted to be sure you werent going to be in Cozumel the same day we are.

We are departing on 4/06/08 out of Galveston on the Voyager. My friends, Kelly and Steve, are also getting married in Cozumel, but on 4/08/07.

(I had to make sure your dates wouldnt collide before I answered the post)

After they get married they are having a lunch reception at Pancho's backyard

http://www.panchosbackyard.com/

It's near the area where the Taxi's drop you off if you are going to shop.

Pancho's has offered them per person meal pricing (variety of food) and offered them a no booze package, single drink package, and open bar package choices. As much as I tried to talk them into open bar, I think they went with the single drink option.

The cost was somewhere around $18 per person and I am sure that Pancho's would be flexible as long as you gave them a time frame-reference as to when you will get there...."around 1:30 pm".

We have eaten there a few times (because all ships seem to stop in Cozumel <snore>) and it is good food(and good ritas)! The ambience (open air, local band, fountains) is very pleasant too.

You could go to the Cozumel board and ask about Pancho's to see what kind of replies you get.

Good luck!

& we will wave at you as the Voyager passes by the Navigator! :)

Archived