Pet Peeves

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Hmmmmmm.....nothing can ruin my cruise but if I had to come up with a few things that I find mildly irritating...

People who turn their outside balcony light on and leave it on all night

Someone in the buffet line that takes 10 minutes looking at each item and holding up the line

People who complain constantly about the tiniest things

Losing all my money in the slot machines :eek:

Balcony lights do not bother me. Our's did not work. NO big deal.

I totally agree with the buffet line. And don't forget the jumpers here. Those who cut in between you and the person in front of you because they need one little pat of butter. Get real, or they forgot their cereal.

Slot hogs. People who play 2 or 3 machines at a time.

The luggage in the hallways making it hard for a handicap person to get through them.

I hate when 2 people sit at the hugest table in the lido buffet area, then get cranky when others want to share their table.

Can't stand when the room steward doesn't fill the ice bucket every day, or when they don't replace bottled water that you drank.

Really can't stand it when they take my blue towel, and don't give me another one, and I have to hunt him down, then he thinks I'm lying because I lost my towel.

People in hallway talking loudly while I'm trying to take a nap during the day or at night while I'm trying to sleep.

People standing in groups right in front of pictures not even noticing that there is someone trying to look at their pictures. Take your pictures and look at them out of the way of other people!

People letting their children run all over the ship without supervision. If they only knew what their kids were doing. ( I know, YOUR

little Johnny wouldn't do anything wrong)

In other words not beign considerate of other people and thinking YOU are the only one that counts.

All of you other cruisers in my darn way all of the time.....just kidding!

This will get people started, the non-smokers who come to the smoking side of the ship and then start complaining about the smoke.

And don't forget the jumpers here. Those who cut in between you and the person in front of you because they need one little pat of butter. Get real, or they forgot their cereal.

The luggage in the hallways making it hard for a handicap person to get through them.

I have no issue with a person, having taken their turn, excusing themselves for a pat of butter.

I definetly have to agree with unsupervised kids in the hot tub. On our last cruise at the end of June my sister, mom & mother in law were in the hot tub and they said this obnoxious kids spit water into my sisters face and his mom was just sitting there laughing. I would have said "Excuse me, but you need to control your child". He wasnt even suppose to be there to begin with, sicko kid.

And.....giggly teengage girls who cannot shut up during the night. We are trying to sleep!!!!!

LOL Peto!

People who try to get into the elevator before I get OUT.

I agree. What is up with that? Isn't that like basic etiquette 101? Why do people get so caught up in "their vacation" that they forget the basics of modern civilized behavior?

I hate the photo's be taken in the dining room, just as you take a big bite of food, they tell you to scoot together and smile,

They have enough if them set up outside the dining room that you do not need to have them in their also.

I have to agree with this one also. In fact I find this way more intrusive than the singing waiters. We have started telling them "No Thank You" and, believe me, some of them don't take it very well.:p

I hate when 2 people sit at the hugest table in the lido buffet area, then get cranky when others want to share their table.

This one gets me too, especially when we travel with all our kids. That makes 7 of us and it is just a little frustrating when we can't find an available big table because they all have one or two people sitting at them while there are tables for 2 and 4 available. :confused:

All these things can be called "pet peeves", but I think for most of us they barely rate as annoying while we're on a cruise. They are just bumps in the road.;)

Those damn 20 something girls.... They should be locked up in my suite for being so bad :eek:

I'm sorry that is the funniest thing yet I've read tonight! But a word to you is that they do grow old :p

I'd like to also 2nd the hot girls in bikini's being a damper on my day ;-)

I would have to say the people that are waiting for the elevator to go down one floor. Meanwhile I waiting to go down from the Lido deck to the Rivera. I not talking about handicapped people, but people that are in shape. Funny. And the unsupervised kids.

Okay, I'm Leigh and I'm a chair hog. But honestly, I never leave for more than 15 minutes at a time! :rolleyes:

My pet peeve--when I'm on my chair that I'm hogging and the person next to me slams theirs into mine so they have more room on the other side and then proceed to blow their smoke on me.:mad:

My peeves are the same as most everyone elses here.

CHAIR HOGS

People that sample the food at the buffet line before putting it on their plates. Same in the Lido restaurant.

People that plow on the elevator before you get out of it

Slot machines that do not pay out

Rude, pushy, and just plain nasty people who think their "$%*@" don't stink

The end of the cruise

My main pet peeve is kids-or a least the ones who can't behave and the parents who gave birth to them. If you didn't want to supervise them maybe you should have left the little darlings locked up at home or just sent them on over to juvenile hall where a few will end up anyway.

My other one is people who walk up to a card table where 6 people are playing and smoking and plop down and 1 minutes later start fanning their face and coughing. If no one is smoking at a table I don't smoke-please return the favor, deal with the smoke or move along.

I hate the photo's be taken in the dining room, just as you take a big bite of food, they tell you to scoot together and smile,

They have enough if them set up outside the dining room that you do not need to have them in their also.

Okay I was thinking gee I have no pet peeves, BUT Oh I do despise the dining room pictures, inconvenient, plus I have had many with plates of partially eaten food in them, YUCK! Then they just can;t snap one and move on, no they need one of you and spouse, one of spouse and kids, one of kids and you, one of kids together, one of each kid, one of you and the people seated at the next table,........so I may exagerate a bit, but those photos would be my pet peeve. I still smile and say "cheese"

What are some of your cruising/Carnival pet peeves?

Mine are:

-The incessant, annoying announcements. I truly hate this about cruising. I'm sure we're all adults and can read our Capers, I hate how they treat you like babies and announce every annoying little last thing. A few a day-OK. But not constantly, especially when I'm trying to nap.

-The antics in the dining room after the meal. Is it just me or does this not seem a little, uh, juvenile? I'm not an old fogey or spoil sport by any means, but I just think this "entertainment" is ridiculous! We're all dressed up and enjoying this fancy, supposed to be sophisticated meal, and next thing I know my waiter has a tray on his head! I don't get it and the employees never seem too pleased either. I just think it's silly.

I'll stop for now.

Now before anyone says I shouldn't cruise, or shouldn't cruise on Carnival, you're wasting your time. I love cruising, I certainly don't let a few minor things ruin my fun! Just interested in what you all had to add.

Never really had these issues.... Maybe I need to have my eyes and ears checked...:eek:

My main peeves involved the elderly who feel they are at the stage in life where lines do not apply to them.They belong in the front of the line and they can move at a snales pace if they wish. I don't care if the lines are for the elevators, the buffets, desserts, coffee, lines to see a show,embarkation or deparkation. Let me in front . My time has arrived.And let me do it with a snotty snearing additude. Oh yes of course.........let the other 15 in your party pull in right behind you. Guess while you were holding their place they were having a few toddies to loosen and louden up. Well this is great a ship 3 football field long and I keep running into this bunch. Just what I need a parallel universe with these clowns. This was my cruise a year ago on Imagination with a large influx of cuban influence.

This was my cruise a year ago on Imagination with a large influx of cuban influence.

Jeez... The first time I read that last line I coulda SWORN it said "... influx of cuban flatulance."

Better get my eyes checked. :)

My pet peeve is with anyone on a cruise that starts complaining loudly about having to wait for anything more than 5 seconds. :mad:

Of coarse, if its at a bar waiting for a drink you can always move up faster if they're in front of you if you look them in the eye and say "oh, this bartender is REALLY slow, you'll get faster service at the bar down on the deck below(or on the deck above depending on where you are)" and off they go to where ever you've sent them. Its always nice thinking I've gotten my drink before they've even gotten to the next deck :D

The darn bar staff that force the drank of the day on you two at a time minute one day one....leave you alone after the muster because well you forget where all those nice people were a minute ago.....and then BAMN again there right quick the next morning to ALL rememberng your name and folio number and what your preference is! Not to mention they proceed to comment on how much fun you had at the sail away party! Um excuse me Victor......I travel with my twin sister most of the time! Aint it great to go to a place where everyone knows your name, DAY ONE......oyyyyy!

I will agree with most.....THE CHILDREN! AND THE PARENTS OF "THOSE" CHILDREN! Most are good....but the few that aren't can really ruin an hour or two trying to have fun or relax by the pool, or in the hot tubs. Its amazing that security would stop a game of volleyball in the pool with a blow up ball, and then turn around to inform you an adult in the hot tubb drinking from a plastic glass that it is not allowed and then walk away without telling mom and dad your 7 year olds arent allowed in the hot tubb either.

For the 75K a year demanding passenger, that is what I earn, and I travel single with a friend, BUT well common courtesy or class cannot be bought, its learned.

Ever LITERALLY run into someones backside who decides to stop RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU while walking in stride........GAWD almost as bad as being trampled while trying to exit an elevator......sheesh!

Aint cruising great!

People coming down the hall being loud. Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're having a great time on your vacation, and that you are laughing and enjoying yourself, but please, keep it down a notch, some of the rest of us are trying to get some sleep. I don't need to know what time you're gonna meet up & where the next morning, so please don't broadcast it going down the hallway where behind those closed doors, there are people trying to sleep while you are walking/running by while telling your friend to hurry up and then slamming the door not once but several times because you forgot this or that, or the door closed behind you but your roommate forgot their key. Arggggg, that's one of 2 pet peeves I've ran across so far. Yes, we've seen the chair hogs, the folks that break in line, and my favorite, this past trip there was a lady in front of us at the grill, she picked up a plate, and it was not just 1 but several, had rubbed the part they put the food on with her fingers several times trying to get spots off of it (guess it came out of the dishwasher spotted), then decided it wasn't clean and :eek: put it right back where she got it from while turning to us and telling us to get a plate from a different stack that those were dirty. Gross. I moved them where no one else would want to pick them up, who knows where her hands had been. My only other pet peeve, and maybe it's because I'm a waitress, but still waitress or not, I don't think it's right. Seeing people being nasty to the staff whether it's over something simple or not. I'd like to see those people wait on as many people as the staff does in 1 day, work for 6 months straight, working long hours, without seeing their family, and get treated the way they treated them and see how they feel. I've seen a few get nasty to the staff, and all I can say is the staff has my utmost respect. At work, my customers have told me that I need to work on a ship because I like cruising so much. My reply is always the same, who are you kidding, putting up with 300-400 people for 3 hours at lunch every day and 200-300 for 31/2 hours at dinner wears me out on a daily basis, let alone be responsible for making 2000+ happy on a daily basis. Yes to be able to cruise all the time would be nice, seeing the different ports would be nice, but with the hours that they put in, I think I would have to skip it and just sleep my time off away. Hats off to the staff, they deserve it.

Archived