Pet Peeves

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

My peeves are the same as most everyone elses here.

People that sample the food at the buffet line before putting it on their plates. Same in the Lido restaurant.

Wait people do that- and my husband wonders why I never eat on a buffett line -uckkkkkkk!:rolleyes:

WE2CRUZE

This is mean, but this is how we get them to get the hint not to take our photo, while we eat, the first time we say no thank you, and they do not get the hint, my husband holds up our camera, and says oh YOU want a photo taken, and he snaps a photo of them, and blinds them for a bit. It works every time.

How about when you're finally getting off the ship in port, and they make you stop to get that picture taken in front of the little life preserver ON the gangway. If that's not annoying enough, how about the people who stop there, but have to tidy themselves up first, or wait for their friend who is 10 people behind them, and the line comes to a complete HALT.

People who wait to get right up to the security checkpoint to remove their watch, belt, change from their pocket, zip up their purse, remove their shoes, etc... I mean, they've been standing in that line for awhile, BE READY PEOPLE!

Waiting in line for an elevator after being in port, when there are 20-30 people waiting forever, and having someone walk right onto the ship and run into the elevator ahead of all the people who have been standing there waiting forever.

OK, I'm done.

Nope, one more... I hate how at the muster drill, the life vest practically forces your head to bend down three inches, but you try to be polite and watch what the crew is doing. Oy! Headache city. Then all the people that drag their life vest belts on the ground in a sea of 500 people. Or people who can't help but blow that %$#* whistle in my ear.

OK, really done. :D

MY biggest compliant is RUDE people - and this covers all ages, socio-economic status, classification, etc. People who are rude to ANYONE just piss me off.

On our Sensation cruise there was a "girl" about 8-10 who had a drippy ice cream cone in the main atrium. She came up to the bar and shouted at the bartender "I need to throw this away". The bartender was a little busy, but acknowledged her and said "Give me a sec". This rude child put the ice cream cone, ice cream side down ON THE BAR and said "there, YOU clean it up - I don't HAVE to". THEN she wanted to get a coke with her soda card.

I probably shouldn't have but my fiancee and I were being served by this wonderful bartender at that exact moment and I looked over at the girl and said "I'm sure you will get better service if you are polite and say please/thank you". The girl rolled her eyes at me. So the bartender (smirking the entire time) said to us "Is there anything else I can get you?" I said "Sure! I would love another diet coke PLEASE". Our bartender said "It would be my pleasure" and of course my fiancee and I HAD to say THANK YOU at the top of our lungs. This little twit child stomped off mumbling under her breath.

I felt bad for the bartender who still had to clean up the melting ice cream mess though.

And no, I'm not picking on kids - there were PLENTY of adults who were just as rude. And plenty of adults & children who knew manners too!

MY biggest compliant is RUDE people - and this covers all ages, socio-economic status, classification, etc. People who are rude to ANYONE just piss me off.

On our Sensation cruise there was a "girl" about 8-10 who had a drippy ice cream cone in the main atrium. She came up to the bar and shouted at the bartender "I need to throw this away". The bartender was a little busy, but acknowledged her and said "Give me a sec". This rude child put the ice cream cone, ice cream side down ON THE BAR and said "there, YOU clean it up - I don't HAVE to". THEN she wanted to get a coke with her soda card.

I probably shouldn't have but my fiancee and I were being served by this wonderful bartender at that exact moment and I looked over at the girl and said "I'm sure you will get better service if you are polite and say please/thank you". The girl rolled her eyes at me. So the bartender (smirking the entire time) said to us "Is there anything else I can get you?" I said "Sure! I would love another diet coke PLEASE". Our bartender said "It would be my pleasure" and of course my fiancee and I HAD to say THANK YOU at the top of our lungs. This little twit child stomped off mumbling under her breath.

I felt bad for the bartender who still had to clean up the melting ice cream mess though.

And no, I'm not picking on kids - there were PLENTY of adults who were just as rude. And plenty of adults & children who knew manners too!

What a little brat that kid was. But it's her parent's fault. Manners have to be taught and obviously her parents never taught her any. Please and thank you goes a very long way in this world. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't know that.

What a little brat that kid was. But it's her parent's fault. Manners have to be taught and obviously her parents never taught her any. Please and thank you goes a very long way in this world. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't know that.

I totally agree! Parents were no where to be found and I'm sure if they were around they would have acted exactly the same. I guess all my years working in a service profession, I say please and thank you probably more than is necessary...but I don't find that anyone minds!

I'd have to say the unsupervised kids. I am one of the few people I read about who will actually (and VERY politely) let kids know that this is an adults-only hot tub. So far- never had an argument or a problem.. the kids have always complied and the parents never came after me with a gun.

As far as the singing waiters, personally I like it. To me, it just adds fun to the dining experience and shows a different side to our servers. To each their own :)

How about when you're finally getting off the ship in port, and they make you stop to get that picture taken in front of the little life preserver ON the gangway. If that's not annoying enough, how about the people who stop there, but have to tidy themselves up first, or wait for their friend who is 10 people behind them, and the line comes to a complete HALT.

People who wait to get right up to the security checkpoint to remove their watch, belt, change from their pocket, zip up their purse, remove their shoes, etc... I mean, they've been standing in that line for awhile, BE READY PEOPLE!

Waiting in line for an elevator after being in port, when there are 20-30 people waiting forever, and having someone walk right onto the ship and run into the elevator ahead of all the people who have been standing there waiting forever.

OK, I'm done.

Nope, one more... I hate how at the muster drill, the life vest practically forces your head to bend down three inches, but you try to be polite and watch what the crew is doing. Oy! Headache city. Then all the people that drag their life vest belts on the ground in a sea of 500 people. Or people who can't help but blow that %$#* whistle in my ear.

OK, really done. :D

Somebody needs a beer:D

I would have to say the people that are waiting for the elevator to go down one floor. Meanwhile I waiting to go down from the Lido deck to the Rivera. I not talking about handicapped people, but people that are in shape.

Actually I can't agree with this one. The elevators are there for people to use. Also you can't always tell if people are "in shape" just by looking at them. Take me for instance. I actually use the stairs (especially going down) when I cruise, but I have pretty bad arthritis in my knees. I look perfectly fit, but about halfway through the cruise my knees start screaming and I usually end up using the elevator most of the time. And my Mother-in-law who also looks fit and healthy has trouble seeing and feeling balanced on the stairs, so she would prefer the elevator, even for one floor down. This is a situation where it is hard to judge just by looking, and really there is no reason to do so anyway since the elevators are for the passengers usage. :)

WE2CRUZE

This is mean, but this is how we get them to get the hint not to take our photo, while we eat, the first time we say no thank you, and they do not get the hint, my husband holds up our camera, and says oh YOU want a photo taken, and he snaps a photo of them, and blinds them for a bit. It works every time.

I don't think it's mean. I think it's funny.:p

Actually, her parents probably taught her "manners" by example and are probably even more rude and demanding than she is. Kind of makes you feel sorry for their dining room waiter and room steward, doesn't it?

People seem to have forgotten the old saying, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

INCONSIDERATE PASSENGERS! If all of the other people on board gave a thought for one second as to how their actions affected others' enjoyment of the cruise, I think cruising would be so much better!

I've got to agree, sometimes its like a feeding frenzy in a shark tank in the lines for the buffets.

I totally agree! Parents were no where to be found and I'm sure if they were around they would have acted exactly the same. I guess all my years working in a service profession, I say please and thank you probably more than is necessary...but I don't find that anyone minds!

The apple probably doesn't fall far from the tree. :rolleyes:

People who don't wash thier hands. You would not believe how many WOMEN I saw not wash thier hands while in the public bathrooms. EWWWWWWWW. Haven't they ever heard of norovirus? Over 300 people got sick on our last cruise.

I also hate how people insist on over packing the elevators. I got into a little altercation once with a lady that kept insisting we could continue squeezing back, when the elevator was clearly at capacity. Again, haven't they ever heard of norovirus?

People who don't wash thier hands. You would not believe how many WOMEN I saw not wash thier hands while in the public bathrooms. EWWWWWWWW. Haven't they ever heard of norovirus? Over 300 people got sick on our last cruise.

I also hate how people insist on over packing the elevators. I got into a little altercation once with a lady that kept insisting we could continue squeezing back, when the elevator was clearly at capacity. Again, haven't they ever heard of norovirus?

That would drive me insane. I must have washed my hands at least 10 times a day on my cruise. They also had those little tissue type things to grab the door handles with which I used. I wasn't going to be taking any chances.

Somebody needs a beer:D

LOL, or several!! Good thing they have those nice buckets of beer on my cruises. It keeps me from having any pet peeves. The bloody mary's help, too! :p Unfortunately, after the buckets/mary's, I probably turn into someone else's pet peeve. ;)

kurb, is your county one of the many under a state of emergency?

are you okay, girlfriend?

Last count I think there is/was 16 fires going on. We are smack dead in the middle of all of them. We are in no danger thank goodness. Skies are very eerie looking. Nothing but smoke for miles. Lots of people lost their homes, very sad:( Not to mention a couple of fires were started intentionally:mad: The wind (here anyways) has calmed down for now.

As long as the wind settles down they can get the planes in to drop.

Plus it is suppose to be in the upper 90's which doesn't help. The poor firefighters I really feel for them.

Thanks for askin:)

Last count I think there is/was 16 fires going on. We are smack dead in the middle of all of them. We are in no danger thank goodness. Skies are very eerie looking. Nothing but smoke for miles. Lots of people lost their homes, very sad:( Not to mention a couple of fires were started intentionally:mad: The wind (here anyways) has calmed down for now.

As long as the wind settles down they can get the planes in to drop.

Plus it is suppose to be in the upper 90's which doesn't help. The poor firefighters I really feel for them.

Thanks for askin:)

i am so glad that you are not in any danger, but realize that is for "today." i hope the winds die down long enough for them to make some significant progress in this uphill battle, so that by tomorrow, the threat of danger will be more distant.:)

i trust that you must have alternate plans if and when the time comes (and hopefully, it will not) when you must leave.

my thoughts are w/ you and everyone who has lost so much over there. how horrible.:(

oh, and kurb...watch what you are breathing in being smack in the center of them all...

I think rudeness is taught....by example.

oh, and kurb...watch what you are breathing in being smack in the center of them all...

That's really weird we were just discussing this here at work:o Everyone is just trying to stay indoors as much as possible.

I believe a lot of the roads are starting to open up. I hear San Diego country is getting the brunt of it.:o Poor Wennfred and San Diego cc members:(

We are in no danger thank goodness. Skies are very eerie looking. Nothing but smoke for miles. Lots of people lost their homes, very sad:( Not to mention a couple of fires were started intentionally:mad:

Stay safe..

I don't always use the sink to wash my hands. I ALWAYS have the alcohol waterless gel and use that...maybe some of these people were discreetly using that instead? The gel does give better protection for germs.

Archived