Goff, Sergeant Caye or Turneffe best for snorkeling?

southwardbound

Hello

bumping this question....I'm interested in the answer too

From what I have read though Turneff is best followed by a close second

Goff.

I chose Goff so far as it is closest and have heard very good.

Hope this helps and someone who really knows can comment.\

Thanks

I want to choose Turneffe if you get picked up right at the ship. No one seems able to answer this question.:(

We are coming on Carnival Legend, They have excursions listed to Goff & Turneffe, but the one to Goff specifies leaving directly from the ship.

I have even asked my PVP and he isn't sure.:confused:

We just got back from Carnival Legend yesterday.....

We did Goffs Cay. They picked you up right from the ship...very easy.

People we had dinner with did Turneffe (also picked up from the ship). We were very happy with Goffs Cay but will do Turneffe next time (just to do something different) I think Turneffe is a little cheaper. The people we had dinner with loved it, however, they had never been snorkeling before so they had nothing to compair it to and I don't know how good of a review it would be. We however are very experience snorkelers. My ONLY complaint on Goffs Cay (and not even their fault) is the water was a little rough that day and visibility could have been better. Some of the elk horn coral was 20x15 and that is in FEET! Very huge and quite a sight.

Bimini,

Thanks so much for posting, I have been trying to get an answer for months about getting picked up from the ship for the Turneffe excursion. I can book it now!:)

You are very welcome...afterall that is what this board is for! Have a great time:D

I have snorkled on Geoff Caye. We snorkel in almost every port but we found

this very simple to snorkel in. The water was warm and there was alot

of different fish and coral to see.

You find your on this 4.2 Acre island. As I recall we were

there for about 3 - 4 hours. Below are a few pictures of the Caye and

the snorkeling. Snorkeling is very simple just walk out 10 feet in the the

3 - 5 ft of water.

2796511840102406380S600x600Q85.jpg

Geoff Caye.

2275929750102406380S600x600Q85.jpg

Brain coral

2904339310102406380S600x600Q85.jpg

Fish at Geoff Caye

• 2 weeks later...
Did the tour boat stay there while you were on the island? From the photos, it appears that you are pretty isolated. How many people are on the island at once? What kind of facilities ie: eating and bathroom are available?

Thanks

Yes they tour guides are on the boat when you get on and they stay there with you the whole time. Yes you are isolated on a 1.2 acre island. When we were there the week of 10/21 there were 2 groups there for a total of probably 70 people but we NEVER felt crowded. Some never get in the water and some never get OUT of the water! To be honest I don't remember about the bathrooms since I didn't have to use one while there but I THINK they have a port o'potty but i'm really not sure. They have a tiki hut set up and a grill that they were grilling lobster tails for $8 for 2 small tails and a spoon full of corn and beans and a tortilla shell. Chicken for $6 with the same sides. They also had chips, candy, drinks..soda/water/alcohol. I don't remember those prices. Have fun!

Bimini

Who did you book your tour with?

I booked through the ship actually..the first time I've ever done that but I couldn't find any independent tours for this trip. It was $59 a person I think and it's called Goff's Caye on the carnival excursion list. I'm not sure which ship you are on but call your travel agent or the cruise line and ask them if any of there excursions go to Goffs Caye. Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
... They have a tiki hut set up and a grill that they were grilling lobster tails for $8 for 2 small tails and a spoon full of corn and beans and a tortilla shell. Chicken for $6 with the same sides. They also had chips, candy, drinks..soda/water/alcohol. I don't remember those prices. Have fun!

alright, this is making my mouth water. anyone know if you can get the same on caulker? looks like that is the only place i can get to. but man, those tails sound really good!

Archived