Island Princess day in Puntarenas, Costa Rica

dingers

My husband and I are taking the Island Princess from Acapulco to Puerto Rico. It is a 10 day cruise going through the Panama Canal.

Could anyone recommend some good day tours out of Puntarenas for us. We are not looking for anything too dangerous and are not interested in the zip line. Looking for something to do with sightseeing. Interested in knowing whether the rainforest tours are worth it and any suggestions. Has anyone taken the tram? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Dingers:)

Several months ago I saw the movie "The Blue Butterfly" with William Hurt. It is a beautiful movie about a man who takes a young boy, who is dying, to find a Blue Butterfly that he has longed to see. I stopped the movie credits to see where the movie was made and found it was filmed in Costa Rica around La Paz Waterfall. We are booked on the Panama Cruise, which stops in Costa Rica, so my information hunt began. The Island Princess stops at Puntarenas and offers a day long shore excursion to the La Paz Waterfall, which also has a Butterfly Garden, which is home to the Blue Butterfly! I found my shore excursion right there. To see more about the the falls, search "La Paz Waterfall Garden, Costa Rica". As I said it is a long day-over 9 hours- but after seeing the beauty of that area in the movie, I was sold. A lot of people in our area go to Costa Rica for long periods of time and rave about the beauty there, so this will give me a chance to see what they talk about with such fondness. To me, this is a chance of a lifetime that I am willing to spend such a long day to visit.

Good luck to you!

Archived