Closest Beach?

Brenda33

We will be traveling not until November 1, 2008, but I like to plan in advance. It will be me, DH and DS, who will then be 6. We will be on the RCCL Explorer of the Seas and arriving at 9:00 a.m. and cruising away at 3:00 p.m. I was wondering if there was a beach not too far. Does anyone have any information including prices, etc. on beaches or resorts with pool. Thank you for any info!!!! :)

You might want to check Marriot Stellaris in Condado or Condado Plaza for day passes.

Beaches in Puerto Rico are all public. Closest beaches to the ports are Escambrón, Condado area (where the hotels that i mention are located) and Isla Verde area (you need transportation to get to all of them)

All beaches are free here, it's the law. I find that the beaches in Isla Verde are the best of the bunch. Condado/Ocean Park seems to have a bunch of rocky areas and have that soft sand that seems to suck you down like quicksand. That said, Condado/Ocean Park tend to be more upscale especially on the weekends.

I think a nifty starting point in Isla Verde is by the Hungry Sailor Bar (next to the Water Club Hotel) on Tartak St. It's about the only street in Isla Verde that is on the beach; the main drag - Isla Verde Avenue - is seperated from the beach by a continuous strip of condos and hotels with just the ocasional walkway conection to the beach.

Once there, if you walk to your right, you'll get to the beachfront side of the Intercontinental Hotel. They have a nice wooden beach side bar/restaurant that's also open to the general public. Of course, you can also do lunch at the Hungry Sailor.

Sorry, can't answer about the chairs since I'm not much of a beach goer myself. Perhaps other CCers can help out on that?

The taxi fares in San Juan are fixed not metered in the tourist areas. To travel from the cruise pier to Isla Verde for example is $19 regardless of number. There are web pages that give specific rates between locations (gotopuertorico.com for one).:cool:

Archived