Caribbean Princess Wedding

dabbado77

My fiance & I are getting married on the Caribbean Princess in December on New Year's Eve. I do have some questions/concerns. Has anyone gotten married on this ship? If so, what was it like? The butterflies are starting to come for me! Also, I haven't had any problems with TWE, but how trusting are they on getting salon times? They told me I won't have an exact time until the day I get on the cruise. Has anyone had problems with that?

My fiance & I are getting married on the Caribbean Princess in December on New Year's Eve. I do have some questions/concerns. Has anyone gotten married on this ship? If so, what was it like? The butterflies are starting to come for me! Also, I haven't had any problems with TWE, but how trusting are they on getting salon times? They told me I won't have an exact time until the day I get on the cruise. Has anyone had problems with that?

I am getting married on the Crown Princess (we leave next week!!) and I booked through TWE. When they called to finalize everything is when they set up my hair appt. I have it at 8:30 am. They never said anything about not setting a specific time. I am going to confirm it once I am on the ship though....

Good luck with everything! Trust me- I have the butterflies too!:D

I was married aboard the Caribbean Princess in August 2006.

Some answers, I had my salon time set up in my final confirmation letter. It ended up just fine.

As for the rest of the wedding....it was wonderful.

Here is a link to the album of some of my pro pictures

http://family.webshots.com/album/553525058kFnbam?vhost=family

I had the At Sea Package, and we had 21 sailing guest.

I have no idea how long the ceremony lasted....but it didn't feel that long. Our wedding was at 3:30

We booked an additional hour open bar hot/cold hors devours reception. After that we all went to dinner at the regular dining room. Our reception was scheduled for 4:30, we had an early seating at dinner, and everything seemed to flow nicely.

After dinner we all went to some of the clubs.

Let me know what else you'd like to know.

:)

We were supposed to have the 3:30 wedding, but I got a call from TWE saying that Princess is pushing all the weddings up that day because it is New Year's Eve. Since ours was the last wedding for the day, we are now at 2! What time in the morning did you have your pampering? When did you meet with the wedding cordinator? They told me that there will be a letter in the room when we arrive, but since we are getting married our 1st day at sea, it will be a very hectic day that we get on the ship. They also told me that my mani & pedi's are done the day before, which is the day we get on the ship. I just want to make sure that everything runs smoothly!

I will be getting married the 1st day at sea on the Grand Princess in April. Our wedding is scheduled for 11 am. I know that my hair appointment won't be confirmed until final confirmation, but from everything I've read I expect it to be around 8:30 am. As far as manicures and pedicures go, we are going to do those a day or two before the cruise. Not only will it make it less rushed, it will definitely be less expensive than onboard. We've also been told that we will meet with the coordinator on embarkation day--exact time will be left for us in our cabin.

My manicure was scheduled for 11:30 and my hair was scheduled for 12:00 that day.

We did meet the wedding coordinator the day we boarded, and yes that was a CRAZY day!

We flew in to FL that day, met up with some of our family at the airport, took the Princess shuttle over to the port and boarded. When we got to our cabin, there was a message (either on our phone or at our door...I can't remember).

We had to make a couple trips to the pursers desk to get confirmation, we had our muster drill, oh and we had to find all this stuff, because it was our first time on the ship. The one thing we forgot to do was give the tux and dress to our steward to get pressed for the morning. We didn't end up doing this till like 8pm. But our steward got it all done.

*hint: don't pay TWE for the pressing......the ship only charged me like $16 for the whole thing

*hint: don't pay TWE for the pressing......the ship only charged me like $16 for the whole thing

They do not have any pressing services on the Caribbean, according to what Princess told me yesterday. For your reception, where did you have it? We are actually doing dinner that night at Sterlings, but we are not sure what we will be doing between the service and dinner

We did buy the CD of all the pictures (including some photos our photographer had photoshopped).....I don't remember exactly, but I think we ended up paying $500 for the CD. We did not buy any additional photos....only the ones that came with our package.

Our reception was in Skywalker lounge and it was very nice there.

As for pressing.....perhaps it was steaming.....I'm not sure what it was, but I paid TWE $35 for my dress to be pressed and $35 for my husband's tux to be pressed. When we got on the ship we sent out things out to be pressed.....they came back with a bill (TWE hadn't passed on the info) and the charge on the bill was $16 (approx.) for both items to be done. So if you are bringing a dress that may wrinkle or your husband to be's tux might need a little something something....I would not bother buying the service from TWE.

I really think the Princess ship do offer some type of service to press (or maybe steam) formal clothes. My brothers in law both sent their shirts to be done before the day of the wedding and unfortunately almost didn't get them in time. Just make sure it is one of the first things you ask your steward to do.

I will be getting married the 1st day at sea on the Grand Princess in April. Our wedding is scheduled for 11 am. I know that my hair appointment won't be confirmed until final confirmation, but from everything I've read I expect it to be around 8:30 am. As far as manicures and pedicures go, we are going to do those a day or two before the cruise. Not only will it make it less rushed, it will definitely be less expensive than onboard. We've also been told that we will meet with the coordinator on embarkation day--exact time will be left for us in our cabin.

Flhokie, I am getting married on the Grand next month. Will try and answer any questions for you , when we get back. Feel free to email me , lwilsonv@gmail.com....

Hi everyone!! This site is just awesome and exactly what I have been looking for. I am getting married in Nov. '08 on the Crown Princess in the Eastern Caribbean. And am so excited. We too are getting married on our first full day at sea. We chose the 3:30 pm time and are going to have the 1 hour open bar and hot/cold hors' dourves. We know the package comes with 1 hour photog and I don't think we are going to pay for anymore time. Do you think we should wait until 1 hour after the ceremony to start the mini recept. ? or should we start it at right after the ceremony. I just figured that we wouldnt be able to cut the cake or anything if we are off with the photog. by the time we were done the recpt would be over. We are also going to go to the normal dinner afterwards then go out to the clubs or something after dinner. -rENE

We chose the 3:30 pm time and are going to have the 1 hour open bar and hot/cold hors' dourves. We know the package comes with 1 hour photog and I don't think we are going to pay for anymore time. Do you think we should wait until 1 hour after the ceremony to start the mini recept. ? or should we start it at right after the ceremony. I just figured that we wouldnt be able to cut the cake or anything if we are off with the photog. by the time we were done the recpt would be over. We are also going to go to the normal dinner afterwards then go out to the clubs or something after dinner. -rENE

I had spent all morning on the phone with TWE because of questions I had. Originally I was supposed to have the 3:30 wedding on the Caribbean, but I think because it's New Year's Eve, they will be very hectic, so they moved it up to 2. I have also added the 1 hour reception, because we would have nothing to do during the end of the ceremony until our 6:30 dinner reservations at Sterling. They had told me that I can plan whatever time I wanted the reception to be at. I figured since we get an hour of photography from 2-3 & then we added an additional hour, to be used either before or after, we might just have the reception from 4:30-5:30 & then dinner at 6:30. There will only be 15 of us, so I figured, if people wanted to change or freshen up, it would give them some time.

Does anyone have any other ideas of what to do during that break of time?

We chose the 3:30 then I think we are doing a one hour open bar/hors' dourves reception. I think we are going to get the $65 cake added on to that (also I believe you have to pay another $150 for an additional Wedding Coordinator) and then I think we are going to add one hour with a DJ ($80). We want to have the recpt up in the Skywalkers lounge but I have no idea if it more. If it is I don't believe it is in our budget. I have heard other brides doing that though.

So I spoke to my husband last night, and he said that our ceremony lasted about a half hour.

Our reception was scheduled for 4:30-5:30. We did not pay for additional photography. Our photographer took pictures during the ceremony, then immediately after the ceremony started taking pictures and then swept us off to take pictures around the ship. After all that he took us up to the Skywalker lounge and took additional photos. He did not stay the entire time of the reception, but I don't think it bothered me.

We had plenty of time to go down to our cabin and drop off stuff and freshen up before dinner at 6:30.

rene> I think you only have to pay the additional $150 for an extra coordinator if you have a certain number of guests. I don't believe it costs extra to have your reception in Skywalkers.

As for cake, we bought an additional tier for the cake, and the cake ended up being HUGE!!!!

img] (I

We had 21 sailing guests, and ended up with most of the cake leftover. And sadly you can't take it with you. We did have it sent back to our room, but sadly never ended up eating anymore of it (there was way too much food during the cruise).

I am getting married on the Caribbean Princess in January -- my best friend was married on the Golden Princess a few years ago . She had about 30 people at the wedding - ordered the extra cake and ended up throwing it out -- no one ate it. It's just cake....the desserts that they offer at dinner are WAY better. Just a FYI and possibly a way to save some cash : )

We are skipping the "reception" right after -- just doing dinner and buying wine for the dinner for everyone.

Princess Brides- Does the cake that comes with the wedding package that say "for 2" feed more than 2? Or did you order a separate cake and with the small one delivered to your stateroom. You are right that cake is huge!~!! As for right now we have 10 guests plus us makes 12. I really don't want to order an additional cake if it is not needed.

That is awesome about the coordinator! I thought it was strange to have to pay for an additional one.

Princess Brides- Does the cake that comes with the wedding package that say "for 2" feed more than 2? Or did you order a separate cake and with the small one delivered to your stateroom. You are right that cake is huge!~!! As for right now we have 10 guests plus us makes 12. I really don't want to order an additional cake if it is not needed.

That is awesome about the coordinator! I thought it was strange to have to pay for an additional one.

Rene,

I was told that the cake will definitely feed more than 2. We have a total of 15 of us going, so we didn't even bother getting another cake. Plus, we will be having our reception dinner at Sterling's, so they have tons of desserts to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

Dabado77,

CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!

Was googling the cruise we're on and found your posts.

We have a roll call going for this sailing. Drop in and say hi if you feel like it! There are about 8 of us on the roll call, some with large groups.

Hope everything goes wonderfully!

Sharon

Dabado77,

CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!

Was googling the cruise we're on and found your posts.

We have a roll call going for this sailing. Drop in and say hi if you feel like it! There are about 8 of us on the roll call, some with large groups.

Hope everything goes wonderfully!

Sharon

If you see the bride on New Year's Eve with a gorgeous strapless dress with beading, that's me! Our ceremony is at 2PM, so I'm sure you will see us afterwords taking pictures.

Archived