Need advice....

wifey4life

I was just diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome...yuk. :mad: I have to stay on a gluten-free diet to keep from having an attack. What do I need for do for the cruise? Can I get great options there while staying on my diet? :confused:

Anna

sorry I dont know your options but I do know that you need to fill out the medical form and send it in before the cruise so they will know you have special dietary needs.

They will then work with you at each meal for your choices.

You must tell them ahead of time because some of the items for special diets they dont always have on board unless they know they have soemone aboard who will need it. That is what they told us for our grandson who had food issues.

Your waiter should mention this to you the first evening. if he doesnt then tell him about your needs and expalin you sent in the medical form. He will then get the dining room manager who will help you with your choices. That is his job and they are very good at it.

With the huge volume of people they have every cruise this is not unusual for them.

mom x4,grandma x4

Gluten is somewhat tricky I'd imagine since it seems to turn up in places you wouldn't imagine as a filler. Just like any person with dietary concerns you will do best to stick with the fresh, simple items that are minimally processed. Sounds like the DCL should be very helpful! And take along whatever list you have from your doctor or dietician to help you make good choices.

Happy Sails!

My neighbor's adult son has celiac disease. I suggested the following recipe for him and she loved being able to give him a cookie.

one cup peanut butter

one egg

one cup sugar

Mix together and shape into cookies, you know how, bake for 12 -15 minutes.

I make that recipe accept I add a teaspoon of baking soda. They are my families favorite cookie.

I use a no sugar peanut butter. and splenda

My husband is a diabetic and they are great for him.

be sure and let them sit for a minute or two before removing from the greased cookie sheet, they fall apart easy but taste great even as pieces.

YUMMY!!

My sil has celiacs too. On our cruise ( Princess) they went out of their way to make her special food. ( she is allergic to tree nuts also).

If you send in a medical form about your condition, I am sure they can accomodate you. Just remind your head server and the head waiter. Also, at any time ask the server what is in the food. ( I have a cheese allergy and the waiters at Palo asked the chef about the ingredients in certain foods for me. and the waiter told me at any time, ask for the chef at the buffet line, he can walk you through the entire buffet line). they made me a special brunch plate at Palo. ( and I was able to get different foods at dinner that were made without cheese)

hth

I make that recipe accept I add a teaspoon of baking soda. They are my families favorite cookie.

I use a no sugar peanut butter. and splenda

My husband is a diabetic and they are great for him.

be sure and let them sit for a minute or two before removing from the greased cookie sheet, they fall apart easy but taste great even as pieces.

YUMMY!!

I have eaten them with a spoon and loved every bite.

Archived