hotel transfer

del007

hi, just over 3 weeks to go till JOS, excitements getting to me, i have a question about what happens when we disembark from our flight in Miami from London, we are to be transfered to FLL Marriott north organised through TA, as a package, does anyone know especially cruisers from the UK what we have to do, do we look for Reps from RCI? or will the majority of passengers on the flight be cruising also?(so we follow!!) i haven't got a clue, please would anyone be able to advise.

We have not had docs yet, so the information could possibly be on them,

thankyou in advance..delvine

If your hotel in FLL was booked through RCI there will be RCI personnel at MIA to direct you to the buses for transfer to the hotel. If the hotel arrangements were done by your TA with no RCI involvement, your TA should advise you how you are to locate the transfer bus or van when you get off your flight. All of the information may be available when you get your documents. If not, I advise contacting your TA ASAP and getting the correct information. :) You should be provided with that essential information as far in advance as possible.

Depending on what time you arrive, you may find representatives from several cruise lines. They will be dressed as such and will hold a paddle with the name of the cruise line on it. They will be somewhere between your arrival gate and luggage claim. Have a great cruise.

Hi, thankyou for replies, as far as i know TA just acting on behalf of RCI,so transfers are organised through RCI, i will get in touch with them about docs, and more might be explained to me then, i have asked the TA before, but they did not seem to know:cool:

Our 1st time flying to the US so abit worried incase we do anything wrong,anyhow we will have a good cruise i know, and thanx again:)

You will go through Immigration check (make sure there is no mistakes on your green visa waiver form as they will make you fill out new ones and send you to the back of the line) then you will collect your luggage and clear customs then once through that make your way out and you will see the RCCL Rep just give them your name and they will take care of you from then on. That is the easy part worst part is the immigration hall it is like a cattle market with loads of flights arriving within minutes of each other. The flight attendants on your flight over will give you the cards to fill in and help you if you are not sure. On your return flight you have to leave your cases unlocked when you check in but you can buy the special tsa locks here in the UK which are allowed.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise we are sailing on the Jewel 11/11/07.

hi, just over 3 weeks to go till JOS, excitements getting to me, i have a question about what happens when we disembark from our flight in Miami from London, we are to be transfered to FLL Marriott north organised through TA, as a package, does anyone know especially cruisers from the UK what we have to do, do we look for Reps from RCI? or will the majority of passengers on the flight be cruising also?(so we follow!!) i haven't got a clue, please would anyone be able to advise.

We have not had docs yet, so the information could possibly be on them,

thankyou in advance..delvine

We are on the same sailing as you. We received our docs on October 9th so that was over 2 weeks ago. I am sure that yours would take longer given that you live in the UK. It might not hurt to check with your TA. She may have them there.

There will be a rep from RCCL holding a paddle with RCCL on it. Be sure to check with them so they know you are gathering up your luggage.

Have a safe trip! Here's to beautiful weather!!

we are sailing on the Majesty 5th Nov and then the Jewel on the 11th Nov leaving home 3rd November we only recieved our docs on Saturday the UK office always seem to send them out late. Coming from the UK you will not see a RCCL Rep until you have cleared immigration and customs they will be waiting outside of the customs hall as you go out.Once you have your docs you can then go online 24hrs before and choose your seats on the plane and then print off your boarding passes makes it much easier at Heathrow.

Archived