Giving deposit for glory-tours?

mintchoco_ykc

I've read all the good stuff about glory-tours on this website. But I am concerned about giving a deposit via credit-card. Are they trustworthy?

I just find this practice wierd since most of the other tour operators are more than happy to take cash at the tour.

Are there any other tour suggestions for sightseeing?

I've read all the good stuff about glory-tours on this website. But I am concerned about giving a deposit via credit-card. Are they trustworthy?

I just find this practice wierd since most of the other tour operators are more than happy to take cash at the tour.

Are there any other tour suggestions for sightseeing?

From reading the boards, looking at there website and the fact Sarah post on the boards I have already booked my tour With Glory Tours.

You may want to email Sarah before booking.

This is just a guess but Glory Tours offers many tours and may not run every tour everyday, just when they are booked. I would want payment before if I did that.

if I may be so bold as to reply to this. actually a deposit is a good thing.. for both the traveller and the tour provider. You are on a cruise and Barbados is your 1st, 2nd, or last stop on your cruise. You know you want to tour, so you go ahead and book it. You are confirmed and know it will happen. thats great for you. looking foward to something and not having to worry about it.

The tour company books you, and are waiting for you and only you (well ok, maybe you and 5 other people) at the port. Great for the tour company.. they don't have to stand around and hawk at people to get someone to tour, so they make money that day).

Barbados is your last stop on your cruise, and you wake up and decide you just can't get on another tour bus. you decide not to go. if the tour company didn't ask for a deposit, they would likely be high and dry with no tours that day. Not good for the tour company as you might have been their only source of income that day.

So I think that Glory Tours asking for a depost via credit card is a good thing, and Sarah Taylor does what she can to make sure all goes smoothly.

Enjoy your tour and Enjoy Barbados

We paid in advance with Sarah this past May when we used her her services for our Explore and Discover Barbados Tour and there was no problem. We just handed our tour pass to the guide when we arrived at Bridgetown and we were off....

The only thing different about it was that the CC was charged in Barbados dollars or whatever the local currency is (????) and then it was converted by the CC company and it was shown that way on our statement....

Actully I liked the pre-pay service as we knew what we were gonna be doing that day and it was paid for a couple months in advance...:)

Joey

We went last year with Glory Tours. We paid in advance through their website. NO problems. We had a great time. We are going back again next April and may do the same tour again since we will have 6 new family members with us this time. Have fun!:)

Archived