Wearing my bathrobe....

sugarsparkles

I am in Cinnaminson (about 10 miles and a bridge from Philly) but my DH is from Jackson so I've been to/thru Lakewood many of times!

Hey, Rebekah - I lived in Willingboro until I was 12, then in Riverside until I moved to Upstate NY (my mom's still in Riverside)!

The inside cabins do have bathrobes - at least they were there on our cruise on Victory in August (sons had the inside cabin). No bathrobe party for adults (it was a Canada cruise, after all:eek: ), but Club O2 had a bathrobe party one night. The kids posed for a photo with one of the Carnival dancers, then showed up at karaoke. Marcie, the karaoke hostess, asked them up to sing "Splish Splash." However, they were turned back by security when they tried to enter the main lounge and they retreated to Club O2 after that.:)

I just think there is a time and place for certain clothing. I wouldn't wear a swimsuit to dinner, because a swimsuit is meant for swimming/tanning. Bathrobes are meant to be worn after bathing, prior to clothing (or lounging in privacy), not to be worn around public areas. I have never seen anyone walking around the mall, a hotel, or even in McDonalds, wearing a bathrobe. It's my personal opinion... Now, we had a PJ bar crawl on the ship and everyone wore their PJ's... and some wore bathrobes and it was a lot of fun :D I just don't understand seeing people sitting and eating (it does happen) in their bathrobes... but you are right, whatever floats their boat...

Is that right? Where did you find this information? :cool:

I dunno, the bathrobe thing as a "planned" activity would be sorta fun.

Through in the hair nets and big fuzzy slippers, and a mud pack for "accent", and you're all set to crash out on a lounger...

cousin_eddie.jpg

Can you find a picture of Cousin Eddie in his white sweater and dark dickey (from the same film), and post that up for formal night???

He's one of my favorite "characters"...

Especially the scene where he's draining the black water tank...

Do they (wash and) replace the robes in the cabins after each cruise? :eek: :confused: :D

Yes. They actually sometimes take them out of your stateroom the last night of the cruise. I guess so you don't accidentally pack it. One of my pet peeves actually.:)

If they left the robe in the room you would naturally assume that it has been thru the laundry, as you would expect them to do with your linen.

Of course anybody can wear their bathrobes around the ship, but it still looks rather odd and out of place in my view. But if some of you feel comfortable doing so, just go ahead because most likely nobody would say a word to ya, other than thinking you're some yahoo who doesn't have a clue.

I sometimes think this too when I'm dining and somebody ask about the "entry" or murders a dish/drink and typically they're the loud boorish sort anyway.

If they left the robe in the room you would naturally assume that it has been thru the laundry, as you would expect them to do with your linen.

Of course anybody can wear their bathrobes around the ship, but it still looks rather odd and out of place in my view. But if some of you feel comfortable doing so, just go ahead because most likely nobody would say a word to ya, other than thinking you're some yahoo who doesn't have a clue.

I sometimes think this too when I'm dining and somebody ask about the "entry" or murders a dish/drink and typically they're the loud boorish sort anyway.

Just my opinion, but I think folks wearing their bathrobes on the lido deck look ridiculous. Again, just my opinion.

I see by looking at the ships you've been on that you haven't tried Spirit Class yet. It's different ( and really cool ). You see people in bathrobes all the time, they even have "Bathrobe and Beer night. It's just a more layed-back attitude. If you're on a ship where they don't do that, you feel funny if you do, and miss that sort of thing.

Just my opinion, but I think folks wearing their bathrobes on the lido deck look ridiculous. Again, just my opinion.

I saw someone once wearing one in public on the ship, and thought OH MY GOD. This person is CLUELESS!! :eek:

well i guess this thread wasn't intended to address my post at all, lol.:(

but, if anyone has any info on the ships, if any, which currently organzie a B&B party, pls post.

I only saw it happening on the Miracle, but I have no idea what they did during it.

I have to agree with Donna and Chris and the others.....

I had three bathrobes last week on the Liberty and it never occurred to me to wear them in the public venues of the ship. There was one in my room and then two more which were perks from my TA.

I've been on Celebrity three times and they always seemed to request that you definitely not wear the bathrobes in the public areas... They even specified that they shouldn't be worn to and from the spa..... wear a cover-up instead.

There should be no reason to see fat guys in speedos or fluffy gals in bikinis in the Lido or other areas other than the pool deck. Anyone with even a modicum of class would wear either a cover-up if a woman or a pair of shorts and a t-shirt if a guy.

Last week' date=' I did see a few people in the Lido and public areas in robes... maybe a total of five or six... and they definitely looked out of place and like they didn't have a clue.

Also, there's a huge difference between a planned PJ or bathrobe party where the costume is intended to be ironic and satirical and wearing them because you just don't know any better.

Just my opinion.... humble as always. :)

Allen[/quote']

Agree with you Allen. Amazing one has to ask where they can wear a bathrobe at on a cruise. Is it something about going on a cruise that makes one lose common sense on how to dress in public???

Dan

EVERY party is worth going to. :cool:

Allen

ain't that the truth.:p

Do they (wash and) replace the robes in the cabins after each cruise? :eek: :confused: :D

yes. the cabin steward usually collects them the night b/4 debarkation. they are washed and then put back for the next group of pax.

Archived