Kids in hot tubs

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Oh believe me, most of the hot tubs will be "kid stew" :eek: Not sure what the obsession is... but the hot tubs that are not designated as adults only will be very lukewarm at best (for safety and for other reasons you can guess :p) There are only a few hot tubs designated as adults only :( All others are for kids and adults, whoever can cram in :p

Are there any hot tubs designated for kids and families? Or are kids not allowed in the hot tubs at all, no where? I have never cruised with my 7 year old son but maybe 1 day, and I know how much this kid LOVES hot tubs!

Remind your son not to pee in the HT.;) Thanks.

My biggest gripe on my cruises has been kids in hot tubs! The signs say you must be 16 to get in the hot tub, yet I heard a parent tell her 10 year old that if someone asked - she was 16! When I get in a hot tub, the last thing I want is a little kid in there splashing around. Last month there was a Mom and grandma in there with 3 little ones - with their goggles on and they were "trying" to swim laps in the hot tub! The pools were as warm as the hot tubs - so that wasn't the reason they were in there. I'm glad that Carnival is going with the Adult only areas and hot tubs on the spirit class - I hope they do it on all their ships.

PS I'm not an old lady - just one who enjoys to relax without kids around AND besides hot tubs are not healthy for young kids - their bodies can not control the high temperaures like an adults can.

We cruise in November and the pools are freezing, the hot tubs (not adults only) are warm not hot. Also the pools on deck are either very shallow or deep, so if a child is not a strong swimmer, they feel more comfortable in the hot tubs.

No, I don't condone kids swimming in the adult only hot tub but I do let my child hang out in the family hot tub.

I really don't like my child getting into the hot tubs anyway, it is like bacteria soup in there I'm sure. Gross!

On the Paradise there are hot tubs on either side of the main Lido Deck pool. One of them is designated as "Adults Only" and the other one is available for kids. I never saw any kids inthe Adults Only one - the kids were good about honoring that. I don't know about the othe hot tubs elsewhere on the ship.

Also, I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that the main pool was heated! I was thinking there is NO WAY I'm going down that waterslide into water from the Pacific in mid October, but it was heated!:) Actually one of the staff people that I talked to said they had to turn the heat on the pool DOWN. He said he came out one morning and it was steaming in the cold air - it was the same temperature as the jacuzzi. I'm only sorry I missed that day.;)

Remind your son not to pee in the HT.;) Thanks.

Oh no worries there! My son was at his swimming lesson the other day and smack dab in the middle of it he decided he had to go so he jumped out and ran to the bathroom. He's good about that. :)

Oh I totally agree there should be separate hot tubs just for kids/families and those for just adults.

My cruises so far have been without my son for a reason, to get a break! I don't feel like dealing with misbehaving kids on my cruise 1 bit!

Thanks for all the info my friends!

Oh believe me, most of the hot tubs will be "kid stew" :eek: Not sure what the obsession is... but the hot tubs that are not designated as adults only will be very lukewarm at best (for safety and for other reasons you can guess :p) There are only a few hot tubs designated as adults only :( All others are for kids and adults, whoever can cram in :p

A few years back we were on a cruise and a kid about 5 years of age was in the hot tub (which was marked adults only) and had on a snorkel mask and tube. He was paddling around the hot tub bumping into everyone and his parents just sat there. But I guess thats not as bad as the young kids wearing diapers tea bagging the hot tub.

Oh, this is going to sound gross and it is, but anyway. We were on the Norwegian Pearl a few months back and some other passengers we met told us they had to get shots from the doctor to prevent getting chicken pox. Apparently they were in the hot tub when some children got in-with one child having an active case of chicken pox. These two adults had never had chicken pox. Later on in the cruise we heard several people discussing this incident. It seems a lot of people knew about it.

I have 3 boys 7,10 & 13. There were no signs posted on the NCL ship we sailed on last winter. There were kids in the main deck hot tub. I did however let my kids know if they could not sit and relax or adults came they were out! Hot tubs that are too hot are not good for little kids bodies and I certainly do not want to sit in a hot tub with litlle kids rough housing. Hopefully most parents teach their kids hot tub ettiquite (sp?) on their cruise!

Oh, this is going to sound gross and it is, but anyway. We were on the Norwegian Pearl a few months back and some other passengers we met told us they had to get shots from the doctor to prevent getting chicken pox. Apparently they were in the hot tub when some children got in-with one child having an active case of chicken pox. These two adults had never had chicken pox. Later on in the cruise we heard several people discussing this incident. It seems a lot of people knew about it.

I can not imagine allowing a child with active chicken pox even on the ship ...much less in a hot tub! :eek:

I can not imagine allowing a child with active chicken pox even on the ship ...much less in a hot tub! :eek:

Yeah. They said when he was in the hot tub he didn't have the rash yet. But, apparently it's contagious even before the pox appear on the body. I thought most kids now get the vaccine for it. Guess not.

LaBecca,

I have cruised in Oct twice and December once and going again this December, and also in May. It was actually in May that the pool water was colder than it was in December, and both October Cruises the pool water was warm too. I even noticed the water in Grand Cayman and Cozumel was colder in May than in December or October. And I'm one of those people that the water has to be like bath water in order for me to get in.

On our cruise a few weeks ago on the Glory, none of the hot tubs had anything more than warm water in it. The pools water was actually as warm as the hot tubs. The only hot tub we found to be hot was in the Spa.

We did leave the pool one day when we saw a little turd floating - YUK!

On our Glory cruise a few weeks ago, there was one mom (I don't really like calling her that because she showed NO Motherly qualities) who put her boy who looked like he was 4 or 5 in a life vest and swimmies and just let him go. She sat in a chair never looking after him drinking and smoking with her 13 year old son. Her little one would go from the pool to the hot tub and back again, and she was not paying attention AT ALL. When he was in the hot tub, she could not see him from where she was sitting. the ladies in the hot tub with me said that the day before, the kid was in the hot tub alone - not one other person was in there and the mom was not even paying attention, so one of them kept an eye on him since his mom obvisously wasn't. She should have put him in Camp Carnival if she didn't want to keep track of him. If something would have happened to him his mom would have wanted to sue carnival - when she was the one being irresponsible!

Archived