Has anyone rented a car through Roberts Hawaii?

tofuyan

I am trying to figure out which is the best price for rentals. I have found that Roberts Hawaii seems to have better rates in rentals than Thrifty. Has anyone used them for rentals before? They are like the middleman for hertz but has a flat rate.

I found that also while trying to book a car for Kauai... I ended up using the corporate code from discountcarrentalhawaii and it linked me directly to Thrifty, and I got a rate that was 1/2 of what Thrifty and everyone else was advertising for a convertible for that day.

On Kauai I found the Roberts Hawaii rental price to be about the same price as using the discount code at Thrifty for a compact. I have booked for Nov. with Roberts Hawaii for only Kauai; that is to avoid the poor customer service at Kauai Thrifty that has been reported on cruise reviews on these boards. If you do use Roberts Hawaii be aware of their cancellation and/or change fee of 10%. Roberts Hawaii had even wanted to charge me this fee for changing Kauai from a one day to a two day rental! After a week of phone calls (and a POC from another Cruise Critic member) I made the change at no additional cost (so far).

With NCL revising port dates and times at the last minute on Maui and Hawaii I did not want to be paying any fees to Roberts Hawaii. So I have booked with the rental agency with the best price (Hertz, Enterprise, and Thrifty).

Archived