NextCruise - Everything you need to know

I am glad you posted this. I was never quite sure how that worked.

Now thanks to you, I do. :D

Much appreciated. ;)

cruisingator2 is right.

Hi Alexis........I think that the letter really clarifies any questions that someone might have and it also clears up some confusion.

Thanx for posting... I will purchase a next cruise in a couple weeks while on board Majesty... to be used in April 09 on Liberty. If I pay 100.00 for a certificate it can be used for 3 in a cabin right? Or do I pay 300.00...

Also the Friends and Family certs that are given to those sailing with me....

I am confused at the statement that the Loyalty agents are the only shoreside agents... they can't be used and applied by a local TA?

Thanx

Thanx for posting... I will purchase a next cruise in a couple weeks while on board Majesty... to be used in April 09 on Liberty. If I pay 100.00 for a certificate it can be used for 3 in a cabin right? Or do I pay 300.00...

Also the Friends and Family certs that are given to those sailing with me....

I am confused at the statement that the Loyalty agents are the only shoreside agents... they can't be used and applied by a local TA?

Thanx

Yes, I believe that you can book with just one name as long as that person on the form goes on the cruise. Just book as a single booking and tell them that you do not know who else will be cruising with you. You can ask for certificates to be given to family and friends as long as they are all going on the same cruise. They have up to 30 days to book the cruise.

NextCruise bookings can only be made while on a ship and are obtained through the Loyalty Ambassador who is actually the Future Cruise Consultant. Once the form is filled out you can designate that it is to be transferred to your TA. Make sure that you have your TA's name and address when filling out the form.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I believe that you can book with just one name as long as that person on the form goes on the cruise. Just book as a single booking and tell them that you do not know who else will be cruising with you. You can ask for certificates to be given to family and friends as long as they are all going on the same cruise. They have up to 30 days to book the cruise.

NextCruise bookings can only be made while on a ship and are obtained through the Loyalty Ambassador who is actually the Future Cruise Consultant. Once the form is filled out you can designate that it is to be transferred to your TA. Make sure that you have your TA's name and address when filling out the form.

Hope this helps.

So the friends and family has to be booked with in 30 days of when I book?

Making sure i have the TA nnam and address isn't a problem as I am the TA and I am still confused LOL!!!!!

So the friends and family has to be booked with in 30 days of when I book?

Making sure i have the TA nnam and address isn't a problem as I am the TA and I am still confused LOL!!!!!

It has been reported on these boards that there is a 30 day limit for these special certificates that are given to family and friends because there is no deposit made on the ship. I guess RCI doesn't want anyone to hold them for any extended length of time.

Since you are the TA, when you fill out the NextCruise booking form on the ship, put your name and address on the TA line.....then it will be sent to you or your office.

Can this OBC be added to the OBC issued for being a RCL stockholder? I assume (you know what that can do to you!!!) it can be added to OBC's added by a TA.....

Yes, if you used NextCruise and get an OBC and also hold stock, you will be able to use the OBC on the same cruise.

OK all you experts, I have a "when I redeem" my Next Cruise question. I called RCCL yesterday to book a cruise using my NextCruise reservation number. When I was done booking it, I had the agent transfer me to the C & A desk to apply my Diamond balcony discount. While I was on the C & A, I remembered I forgot the confirm with the reservation agent that the OBC had indeed been applied to the reservation, so I ask the C & A person to confirm. She stated it was NOT on the reservation right now, but that it would be applied in a few days. Does that seem correct? Anyone personally have the reservation agent show the exact OBC amount on the original confirmation????

Great information, Patti !! I really wish the LA's were more informed about this program. I had to explain the whole program to the LA on Mariner and then she told me she did not have any "Friend Certificates". I asked her to try and get some, but she said "NO". I called Crown and Anchor when I got home and was told that I had to get them from her onboard the ship.

The moral to the story is ~ If you don't leave that ship with the Friend Certificates, you can't get them later.

E-Beth

OK all you experts, I have a "when I redeem" my Next Cruise question. I called RCCL yesterday to book a cruise using my NextCruise reservation number. When I was done booking it, I had the agent transfer me to the C & A desk to apply my Diamond balcony discount. While I was on the C & A, I remembered I forgot the confirm with the reservation agent that the OBC had indeed been applied to the reservation, so I ask the C & A person to confirm. She stated it was NOT on the reservation right now, but that it would be applied in a few days. Does that seem correct? Anyone personally have the reservation agent show the exact OBC amount on the original confirmation????

The exact OBC will not show on the original NextCruise confirmation because it can't be determined until you book a real cruise and the OBC varies by length of cruise booked.

Once you book a real cruise using the NextCruise Booking number it might take the transfer team a few days to sort things out. I would keep checking.

Great information, Patti !! I really wish the LA's were more informed about this program. I had to explain the whole program to the LA on Mariner and then she told me she did not have any "Friend Certificates". I asked her to try and get some, but she said "NO". I called Crown and Anchor when I got home and was told that I had to get them from her onboard the ship.

The moral to the story is ~ If you don't leave that ship with the Friend Certificates, you can't get them later.

E-Beth

Beth, you are so right. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand how the NextCruise bookings work or even the "Friends Certificates". I understand it, and I'm blond!!:D

RCI needs to educate their LA's a little better, instead of the pax telling them how the system works.

When I booked my Next Cruise onboard the Rhapsody this summer our LA advised us just to put one of our names down and do a $100 deposit.

I put it in my name (my DH and I always travel together) but I thought in case I decided to do a "girls cruise" I would rather have it in my name. Just wanted to let you know you have this option if you would like.

I booked two Next Cruises in my name only for that same reason. I usually do at least one cruise with my mom or sister. I did this on Labor day cruise, and used my first Next cruise for the Empress in November, adding my husband's name, and paying applicable amounts. No problems.

Once you book a real cruise using the NextCruise Booking number it might take the transfer team a few days to sort things out. I would keep checking

Thanks Patti, that's what they told me, but didn't know if it really took time to apply it or if it should have appeared right away. As usual you are wealth of accurate info!

Patti,

Thanks for posting your letter from RCI. I think I understand the process, but have one question. At the present time I have a booking that I had on board the Brilliance in Jan 2007. I changed my booking to the Polar Bear cruise and had to cancel that and change it to a May 2009 Alaska cruise. They transferred my OBC to my new cruise as I kept the original booking number.

Do you know if you book your New Cruise, then book pick your date, and have to cancel that cruise for some reason and book a later one, will they still give you credit for the deposit and keep the OBC if you keep the same booking number? Not sure if you are following me, but I am just wondering if it works the same way as it has in the past. Keep your booking number and your deposit and OBC follow you.

Patti,

Thanks for posting your letter from RCI. I think I understand the process, but have one question. At the present time I have a booking that I had on board the Brilliance in Jan 2007. I changed my booking to the Polar Bear cruise and had to cancel that and change it to a May 2009 Alaska cruise. They transferred my OBC to my new cruise as I kept the original booking number.

Do you know if you book your New Cruise, then book pick your date, and have to cancel that cruise for some reason and book a later one, will they still give you credit for the deposit and keep the OBC if you keep the same booking number? Not sure if you are following me, but I am just wondering if it works the same way as it has in the past. Keep your booking number and your deposit and OBC follow you.

As long as you keep your original booking number, your OBC will follow you.

Patti,

Colleen, I would assume that NextCruise works the same way. When changing a cruise for any reason............always keep the same booking number so that everything attached to it stays the same.

BTW, we missed you on the Polar Bear Express. It was truly a great cruise with great people.

I have used several Next Cruise Certificates, and received all OBC (from Stockholder, TA OBC, etc.). I also changed my cruise to another cruise and kept the original booking number and my Next Cruise Cert. was still kept and applied on that changed cruise, with the OBC's. I will mention, on both occasions when I bought the Next Cruise Certificates (2 on the Liberty Ship) and (2 on the Freedom Ship), I was never offered the 2 certificates for friends. I don't know if this was overlooked, or if I was suppose to request them. I was not aware of the friends certificates, and most likely would not have used them anyway, but if the LA does not offer them to you, then Ask them , because they were not offered to me.

Another note: I never had to turn in the original certificate when I booked my Next Cruise, my TA's name was listed on my Certificate, I gave my TA the booking number and I received the OBC for the cruise. The certificate states you will receive the OBC 48 hrs after booking the cruise, determined by the lenght of stay of the cruise.

Patti,

Thanks for the information, I was hoping that it would be the same as the previous way of just changing the cruise, but keeping the booking number.

The hurricanes didn't happen, so we could have gone on the cruise :( Saying that we had to put on a brand new metal roof on the house to the tune of 12K. There went four cruises :rolleyes: Oh well at least I don't have buckets in my house anymore.

I heard that everyone had a great cruise. Looking forward to meeting up with Bev and Julie in January on the Voyager.

Heah, do you know when the Alaska bookings open up for 2009? I want to book the 14 day Alaska cruise for May of that year.

Thanks Patti, that's what they told me, but didn't know if it really took time to apply it or if it should have appeared right away. As usual you are wealth of accurate info!

Your welcome. And thank you for the wonderful compliment. Though sometimes I do get it wrong!:)

I have used several Next Cruise Certificates, and received all OBC (from Stockholder, TA OBC, etc.). I also changed my cruise to another cruise and kept the original booking number and my Next Cruise Cert. was still kept and applied on that changed cruise, with the OBC's. I will mention, on both occasions when I bought the Next Cruise Certificates (2 on the Liberty Ship) and (2 on the Freedom Ship), I was never offered the 2 certificates for friends. I don't know if this was overlooked, or if I was suppose to request them. I was not aware of the friends certificates, and most likely would not have used them anyway, but if the LA does not offer them to you, then Ask them , because they were not offered to me.

Another note: I never had to turn in the original certificate when I booked my Next Cruise, my TA's name was listed on my Certificate, I gave my TA the booking number and I received the OBC for the cruise. The certificate states you will receive the OBC 48 hrs after booking the cruise, determined by the lenght of stay of the cruise.

Thanks for the clarification. It's really not a certificate that one receives after filling out the NextCruise booking form. It's actually a Confirmation Letter that you keep with all the information on it. And don't be surprised when you see what the GROSS AMOUNT is...........they all say $198,999.00 on them!

One thing I would like to point out is that if you decide to have the NextCruise booking transferred to your TA immediately, upon receiving your Confirmation Letter, look it over carefully and make sure that your TA's name is indicated. If not, go back and see the LA and tell her/him that you want it faxed to them. If you wait until you get home, then you have to fill out Transfer Forms from RCI. So take a few minutes and check it over very carefully ensuring that all information is correct before you leave the ship.

Patti- thanks for your help in explaining NextCruise...

Can you use a NextCruise to book a Celebrity cruise?

Thanks,

Martha

Martha, I would say yes. If you can book a Celebrity cruise while cruising on Royal then I would say that you could use your NextCruise booking for a future Celebrity cruise.

Now watch, this will be the wrong information!:o