Century Suite vs Verandah Suite aboard Rotterdam...

Sassaroli

I'm undecided between two ship anche two categories of suite. Each suite have the same price and there is similiar for largeness. But the perks are different..

Century Suite:

Stateroom: 190 sq. ft.

Veranda: 38 sq. ft.

And there are the perks...

24-hour European butler service

Priority check-in and departing

Priority luggage delivery at boarding

Welcome champagne

Dining room seating preference

Personalized stationery

Celebrity tote bag

100% cotton oversized bath towels

Complimentary use of bathrobes

Private portrait sitting

Opportunity to book in-suite massage

Complimentary espresso & cappuccino

Verandah Suite aboard Rotterdam...

292 sq. ft. with verandah.

And this is the perks..

Personalized cruise stationary

Elegant bathrobe for use on your cruise

Fresh flowers and fruit assortment

Oversized bath towels

A selection of pillows (firm, medium and soft) are presented on each bed for the guests' enjoyment.

Luxurious beds featuring Sealy® Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven cotton linens

A no-host mini-bar for easy entertaining in your suite

DVD or VCR player and the use of an extensive DVD or VHS tape library

24-HOUR TELEPHONE CONCIERGE - Service available via special dedicated "At Your Service" telephone line

The first different is the Century suite have the butler but don't have the whirpool tub...

I'm very undecided...

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my english.

We were in Century Suite 1141. The size of the room was lovely and the balcony was far larger than stated. There were 2 chairs and a small table under an overhang (probably the 38sq ft they are talking about) and the another 6-7 feet of space that had 2 loungers. When on the exposed part of the balcony you are in full view of the people at the sunset bar. The aft cabin was beautiful for cruising but had a few downfalls......we were directly below the sunset bar which was very convenient to exit cabin, turn corner, go upstairs and be there. However, it was also quite loud in the morning when staff and guests would drag the chairs around, when they cleaned the deck up there you know where the water went....yes, my balcony, and the vibration when docking would literally shake you out of bed (it only lasted a couple of minutes). Our butler brought us fresh fruit daily, the beds were new and very comfortable and I asked for different pillows and it was accomodated immediately. We had a great time on Century, but alas, I cannot compare to Rotterdam. Would I sail in a Century suite again?....perhaps, but I prefer the CC on M class ships (especially 6136 and such with the large balconies). Have a great cruise

We were in Century Suite 1141. The size of the room was lovely and the balcony was far larger than stated. There were 2 chairs and a small table under an overhang (probably the 38sq ft they are talking about) and the another 6-7 feet of space that had 2 loungers. When on the exposed part of the balcony you are in full view of the people at the sunset bar. The aft cabin was beautiful for cruising but had a few downfalls......we were directly below the sunset bar which was very convenient to exit cabin, turn corner, go upstairs and be there. However, it was also quite loud in the morning when staff and guests would drag the chairs around, when they cleaned the deck up there you know where the water went....yes, my balcony, and the vibration when docking would literally shake you out of bed (it only lasted a couple of minutes). Our butler brought us fresh fruit daily, the beds were new and very comfortable and I asked for different pillows and it was accomodated immediately. We had a great time on Century, but alas, I cannot compare to Rotterdam. Would I sail in a Century suite again?....perhaps, but I prefer the CC on M class ships (especially 6136 and such with the large balconies). Have a great cruise
Thanks for your answer...:D

Anyone has never tried a Verandah suite aboard classic fleet of the Holland (Rotterdam, Veendam...)?

Yes, we have sailed on Maasdam three times. Once in an "S" suite! and twice in verandah suites.

Here's what I liked about verandah suites:

the size of the cabin approx 290 sq ft

the size of the sofa - long enough for me to take a nap!

the size of the verandah - larger than CC on Summit

Bedding was great

Here's what I didn't like:

the bathtub with jets. The sides were very high and the tub was fairly small. No way could I have used it without a derrick standing by to hoist me out of the tub. So I did use the shower, but had to be very careful getting in and out.

Now, the "S" suite was to die for! Huge in size - over 500 sq ft- with a huge verandah. Free laundry. Use of a concierge lounge. Second basin in a dressing room with a huge mirror for make up. Loooong sofa for naps.

Overall I tend to like X over HAL. The daily annoucements on Maasdam for bingo were annoying. But HAL did have a full buffet during the dinner hour. And since DH and I usually skip the dining room, even on X, we liked the dinner hour on HAL better.

I have yet to sail X in a suite, but if a Celebrity Suite on X and a verandah suite on HAL were my choices, I'd probably choose X, although you really can't go wrong on either one!;)

If you visit both sites, you can take a virtual tour of their staterooms. Will give you a good idea. I have not been on the Century, so cannot compare. Did take a look at the Century Suite on line and it looks similiar to the "S" suite on Holland. Just got off the Ryndam (1st and last time) and had an "S" suite. It was great as was the Neptune lounge. Best thing about the cruise. I would pick X over Holland. I do have the Oosterdam booked for April in an "S" suite. This will be my "give them a second chance cruise". Also have the Century coming up for the TA in four weeks, but in a different suite.

Have been a Celebrity cruises for 11 cruises, so probably a bit biased

Archived