Alcohol Again!!!

gskgizmo

Hi Everyone

Just booked this last minute cruise. Sorry for an alcohol question again but can't find an answer. Have cruised before with other lines and been able to purchase liquor for our cabin to enjoy cocktails on our balcony at sunset. Cannot fnd an info about this at ncl.com/more as stated. Is this possible on NCL? Guess we won't be bringing back any boxed Absolute from the island either. Can't pack it in luggage or use it as carry on. So sad!!

Also other lines have had these annoying balcony doors that you had to try and prop open with chairs to keep open. Do I understand correctly from other posts that NCL has sliding class and they can be left open to enjoy that wonderful evening air??

Thanks all for your help.

As far as the alcohol, call NCL and ask for the ship coordinator for your ship. They can arrange a bar set up for you. It needs to be done at least a few days ahead of time, so I hope you still have time.

The NCL ships I've had a balcony on have sliding glass doors.

I am confused. You say you are sorry for asking again, but you do not know the answer?

Okay, here goes.

NCL does not officially allow you to bring hard booze aboard. If they find it in your carryon or checked bags, they will hold it until you leave. You can buy some in the duty free, or ashore. Again, they will hold it until you leave. Of course, you would still need to find a way to transport it home which does NOT include carryon if you are flying.

They do allow you to bring wine aboard. They cheage you $15 per 750ml for having it on the ship. Does not matter if you drink it in the room, or at dinner. Same charge. Larger bottles are often charged at the same $15 per 750ml.

All of the above is what could happen. Some people have slipped through or not been charged.

Yes, you can bring mixers and soda and water aboard.

You can email the ship coordinator at shipcoordinator(name of ship)@ncl.com

example shipcoordinatorpearl@ncl.com

I have heard it has to be at least 2 weeks before your cruise, but doesn't hurt to try or call them like someone has mentioned. If you put "bar setup" in the search someone does have a list of alcohol and the prices

Garycarla, I think they were referring that they are sorry to be asking another alcohol question with so many being asked but they themselves have not asked.

Goodluck and have a nice trip.:)

Hi Everyone

Also other lines have had these annoying balcony doors that you had to try and prop open with chairs to keep open. Do I understand correctly from other posts that NCL has sliding class and they can be left open to enjoy that wonderful evening air??

Thanks all for your help.

What ship? Dawn, Star, Jewel, Pearl, POH/Jade, Gem have sliding doors.

POA & Sun have opening doors.

Don't know about POAm, Majesty and Dream.

must order no latter than 1 week before cruise. Call , dont e-mail . You must speak to the ship coordinator ( no one else ) . Its around $40. liter . depending on what brand + 1 - $3. service charge . Must use a credit card.

mpk

must order no latter than 1 week before cruise. Call , dont e-mail . You must speak to the ship coordinator ( no one else ) . Its around $40. liter . depending on what brand + 1 - $3. service charge . Must use a credit card.

mpk

I would try to get your order in TWO weeks before sailing. I have been told that they cannot guarantee orders placed any closer to the cruise date.

I've always just brought a plastic flask of my favorite spirit for me and would purchase a bottle of wine for use in the cabin for pre dinner drinks or night cap. The hassle of doing it any other way got to be a bit much.

Archived