Jim & Ruth Pictures Packing SUV for Veendam 10-28-07 Cruise

JimVrhovac

The computers have been taken to the school. Captail Albert mentioned it in his weblog. Also noted that the computers had to be put on a manifest with other items the ship was giving. Otherwise, the authorities look at it as smuggling. Interesting.

If you read this entry, you will no longer be able to claim you don't know squat! :)

On another thread (under Cruise Rituals, “Treats for Children now my Ritual...” [sorry, I don’t know how to link the treat here--can’t find the threat number]) they talk about giving gift bags to the local children. Does this has to be on a manifest? Or is it just for large items?I’d really rather not go to jail!

Ruth and I got home about noon today and had a fantastic trip.

VEENDAM AC Problems: They are still having some problems with the AC unit but it seems to be sporatic not in one specific area. We had no problems in suite 035 but one couple couple doors down did. The problem has them going crazy. I told them to do what I do when it gets too hot. Irritate significant other and room will turn into a deep freeze in a matter of minutes.

Had one water leak on Navigation deck and water was off for several hours in that srea while they fixed the leak. No big inconvenience.

They had several smoke alarms going off couple days ago in one part of the ship. Policy is that if more than one goes off the call a fire drill. They sounded the alarms but told us not to worry and nothing every came out of it. Captain did keep everyone informed via announcements. Thought it was handled very well.

Crew of Veendam is donating a lot of things to Guatemalan organizations. Gus seems to be the intermediary with all of this. When we were in Guatemala they brought him and his wife aboard and gave them the royal tour and they spent some time with the captain and the officers. They dropped off 150 mattresses couple cruises ago and they went to retirement home and hospital (I think). All the stuff our group took went to one particular school and we met with the Princial and the students.

I have been keeping travel logue on laptop and will post in day or two.

Gave Captain Eagle slippers and some people could not see them at Mariners reception so he went up on stage and dance around with them on. He has a great sense of humor.

Came home with 12 suitcases.....

Hope this answers some of the questions:

Ruth & Jim

Archived