amtrack depot in Vancouver

We thinking about taking the amtrack from Seattle to Vancouver next

June on our Alaska cruise trip.

Does anyone know how far it is from Canada Place (Cruise Port)

Also is there rental cars near the Depot? Can the be rented for a few days

from Depot and return at the Port?

Thanks in advance.

The Amtrak station is the Pacific Coast Terminal on Main Street and Terminal Road. It is about 25 blocks from the Pan Pacific (Canada Place). There is a Hertz kiosk at the station. I expect for a drop-fee, you can arrange to drop it downtown closer to the pier.

Mike

Paul Gauguin 2001, 2004

• 5 weeks later...
We thinking about taking the amtrack from Seattle to Vancouver next

June on our Alaska cruise trip.

Does anyone know how far it is from Canada Place (Cruise Port)

Also is there rental cars near the Depot? Can the be rented for a few days

from Depot and return at the Port?

Thanks in advance.

There's a Skytrain (transit) station at both locations, and it's 5 stops (MAIN STREET, STADIUM, GRANVILLE, BURRARD, WATERFRONT). From the train station, exit, cross the street (ahead and slightly to the left) and you're at the Skytrain station (elevated rail transit) there. A couple of stops later it pops underground, becomes a subway, and terminates right at Canada Place and the cruise terminal (Waterfront station). It's probably 150 yd walk from train to Main St Skytrain, and maybe 100yds off the skytrain to Canada Place. A taxi wouldn't save you much walking at all. $2.25 one way per person

http://www.translink.bc,ca for more info

There's a Skytrain (transit) station at both locations, and it's 5 stops (MAIN STREET, STADIUM, GRANVILLE, BURRARD, WATERFRONT). From the train station, exit, cross the street (ahead and slightly to the left) and you're at the Skytrain station (elevated rail transit) there. A couple of stops later it pops underground, becomes a subway, and terminates right at Canada Place and the cruise terminal (Waterfront station). It's probably 150 yd walk from train to Main St Skytrain, and maybe 100yds off the skytrain to Canada Place. A taxi wouldn't save you much walking at all. $2.25 one way per person

www.translink.bc,ca for more info

Although this is something that can be done. I would not try it with bags and stuff for a cruise. Up stairs/escalators/elevators on and off "Sky trains" nope sorry. not for me. TAxi is best option I think. and have doen it several times. I have also done skytrain without baggage and that's fine too.

Although this is something that can be done. I would not try it with bags and stuff for a cruise. Up stairs/escalators/elevators on and off "Sky trains" nope sorry. not for me. TAxi is best option I think. and have doen it several times. I have also done skytrain without baggage and that's fine too.

Actually I've never taken a cruise out of Vancouver without taking Skytrain, to each their own. While I wouldn't recommend it during rushhour times (7:30-9:30, 3:30-6:00) while dragging a suitcase or two, it's fine outside of those hours.

Archived