Coral Princess anyone?

Oi

Greets,

We (my husband and I) are taking my parents on their first cruise.

My husband and I have been on other cruises but this will be our first time on princess.

We are doing a mid june (of 2005) Alaska cruise tour and it will be on the Coral Princess.

Anyone take this cruise? Care to share please?

Thank you in advance for any info!

We took the Coral Princess from Seward to Vancouver last summer. We have been on several cruises, and the Coral Princess has been our favorite so far. The Coral has all the amenities of Princess' biggest ships (the Grand class) but, with fewer people.

One of the best parts of the Alaska cruise was the on-board naturalist. She gave lectures throughout the week, and frequently came on the ship's annoucement system (both in the main areas and on your tv) to talk about the scenery the ship was passing and any animals (particularly whales) that were close to the ship. Since the naturalist was broadcast on your tv, you could sit on your balcony, rather than on deck, if you wanted during the Glacier Bay and College Fjords day and the ship runs special room service menus for those days.

As for the ship itself, we thought that our room was very nice and that the ship itself was set up very well. Our service, particularly in the dining room, was great. We also enjoyed the Bayou Cafe, the speciality restaurant, which had interesting dishes and fantastic deserts!

I'm going TODAY [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
will drop off the car shortly at Anchorage airport and get on the Princess bus !! YEA ..

For those who use the Princess transfer at Anchorage airport - the bus is at South terminal...(Delta arrives at North terminal and there is Princess Rep over there to direct you where to go).

Anne Marie75 we're cabin C720. Is this your first time to Alaska, it is ours. Just trying to figure out what to pack. i know everyone says to layer but I still wonder how cold can it really be up on the glaciers since we are used to pretty cold winters to begin with, especially after this past year. We're not doing any pre or post cruise tours just the one week.

unvrknow, yes, it is our first time to Alaska. Dressing in layers to me sounds weird, buty I think I have it worked out. I am always cold, so damp 50 degree weather for me is horrible. I have the following together: thermal underware, fleece type jogging suit with long sleeve shirt, sweater for under the jogging jacket, and a large nylon windbraker. I think I am covered!! Also, winter hat and gloves. I am bringing 2 pairs of shorts and 2 shirts, but mostly long sleeve light weight shirts. Are you going on the land portion also? Ann-Marie
P.S. email me if you want to chat. [email]nursemom75@aol.com[/email]

Ann-Marie

Archived