Soda card

mjhilker

It's my first time on NCL so I have to ask a question that has probably been asked a thousand times before...please forgive me...

If we do not purchase the soda card (which we have always done on other lines), what is there to drink on the NCL SUN? Is there always iced tea and lemonade available in self serve locations like on other ships?

Can you order soda with meals if you do not have the soda card? I assume they would just charge you for it?

Thanks! :)

HERE COMES THE SUN...MARCH 2008!!!

You have to decide whether the card is worth it for you. DH and I can drink 3 glasses of soda at dinner without blinking an eye, so we will get the soda cards so we know from the beginning that there will be a set amount charged for it, rather than worrying about each glass we have. DH and I are not big drinkers, so it'll be our one "big" bar purchase of the week.

If you don't buy the "soda package" the cost is about $3.00 per can - the 12 oz size that we usually get. If you're leaving from a U.S. port, just take onboard whatever type and amount that you want. The "soda package" that you buy onboard is for fountain sodas only (not cans) and it doesn't taste the same to me, plus you really have to put down a ton of soda for $70.00!!!

My husband bought the soda card and we won't again. We will most likely take our own. He likes soda instead of coffee, but you have to wait until they set up the cart in the buffet area and we are very early risers. We also got one of the containers. They said they can fill it for you before you go out on excursions. We never did this though.

Archived