alaska pics?

suezducruz

would like to ask if you were able to get close in at Glacier Bay in May ? We were there in Sept. 05, and got very close. We are going next May and would love to hear about your trip, what sort of clothing did you wear ? was it too cold? did you go on excurisions to see the Whales or were they from the ship? Where did you see the bear? I loved your pictures! Please share any thoughts and ideas ! Thanks!:)

would like to ask if you were able to get close in at Glacier Bay in May ? We were there in Sept. 05, and got very close. We are going next May and would love to hear about your trip, what sort of clothing did you wear ? was it too cold? did you go on excurisions to see the Whales or were they from the ship? Where did you see the bear? I loved your pictures! Please share any thoughts and ideas ! Thanks!:)

We got very close to the glaciers at Glacier Bay. I don't think that is as much of an issue there as it is at places like Sawyer Glacier and Hubbard Glacier. We had nicer weather this last trip than we did 3 years ago when we went the first part of June, but I'm sure that's just luck. The only time I needed my coat on was at the glaciers (coat, gloves, etc. came in handy) and again when we on our Misty Fjords cruise.

The photos of the whales were from a tour with Harv & Marv in Juneau. We did see whales from the ship, but being down closer to the water line like we were in the small boat from Harv & Marv was absolutely breathtaking! All the whale photos are from that excursion.

The bear was on the drive to Carcross. We did the longest train ride excursion, where you ride a bus from Skagway to Carcross, and do the return train ride all the way from Carcross to Skagway. Last year was the first year it was operating.

Have a wonderful trip! We are hoping to go again next May too, but it's dependent on my finding a new job, and hoping that a new employer will let me take a week off!

Does anyone have any links to pics for the Pearl's Glacier Bay

Alaskan sailing? I have been before, but many years ago, and I'm trying to describe to potential cruisers the scenery as you travel the inside passage. Thank you.

Yes, we have a lot of scenic pictures of our June 17th cruise on the Pearl. I'd say it would be hard to describe the beautiful scenery you encounter -- even pictures don't do it justice!

http://community.webshots.com/user/alaskacruiselvr

Archived