Nassau and Stuart Cove's...help!

morecruise4me

We'll be in Nassau in April. I've heard a couple of different things about snorkeling at Half Moon Cay and Nassau. I'd love to do the Stuart Cove's snorkel in Nassau, but the morning trip leaves before we dock (10 am is what my itenerary says) and the afternoon says it JUST makes it back at 5:30...ship leaves at 6pm. Has anyone done this and is the timing reliable? Or can anyone recommend another snorkel tour that might have a better timetable? I don't want to miss the ship!:eek:

We snorkeled with Stuart's Cove last March in Nassau. It is a big operation and quite frankly I was disappointed. We had alot of people on our boat and the snorkeling was okay. The water was quite choppy and there were a few that go sea sick.

I am surprised that they are not catering to your ship's times. You could email them and let them know that you are interested and what ship you are on. See what options they come up with. Good Luck!:)

We'll be in Nassau in April. I've heard a couple of different things about snorkeling at Half Moon Cay and Nassau. I'd love to do the Stuart Cove's snorkel in Nassau, but the morning trip leaves before we dock (10 am is what my itenerary says) and the afternoon says it JUST makes it back at 5:30...ship leaves at 6pm. Has anyone done this and is the timing reliable? Or can anyone recommend another snorkel tour that might have a better timetable? I don't want to miss the ship!:eek:

HMC has ok snorkeling but you have to take the ship's tour. The beach is a beach. As such all you see is sand and not much else. However I did the snorkel trip and they went to the left out of the tender channel and there was quite a bit of coral stands in the area. I didn't see but I assume you could walk to the left of the entrance (right when facing it) and walk down that side of the island and do your own snorkeling (with a buddy)?!? The coral was an easy swim out from the shore but I didn't see anyone on the beach as we snorkeled so it may be a restricted area. Anyway, if you can't do Nassau (which just a bit better than OK), don't count out HMC yet.

Randall

• 1 month later...

I had a similar issue with Stuart's Cove, and have heard wonderful reviews. However, upon e-mailing our hours (8-5), they were unable to accommodate my ship's time in port, and suggested we make our next trip to Nassau during times we could go with them. Their schedule is strict and cannot guarantee getting back on time, nor will they wait for you to get off the ship. I guess when you are that good and in demand that much, you don't have to accommodate. Makes me want it all the more - ha ha!:eek:

Stuart Cove is worth it ;) They are the best in Nassau, but I guess some depending on what line you are cruising you can't book direct. They have contracts they have to follow.

Stuart Cove's Aqua Adventures is contractually bound with HAL to provide diving, snorkeling and SUB experiences; with Disney for 2-tank dives: and with Royal Caribbean for 2-tank dives and SUB experciences to some of their ships when they visit Nassau. If your ship is one that we are contracted to provide services for, the cruise line has arranged for special charter times to make the excursion work. In this situation, you will have to book your excursion directly with the cruise line or once on board the ship

Archived