Puntarenas zipline- Turubari or Villa Lapas or ?

kimiata

We want to go ziplining in Puntarenas but we don't know where we should do it. Any reasons why one of these places might be preferable to the other? Is there somewhere else that I don't know about yet that I should check out? Thanks.

Just be careful you are aware of your time limits if you go further out for a zipline. If you are booking with the ship you don't have any worries as the ship will wait for you.

Our first zipline in Puerto Limon was with an independent tour operator. The zipline was over a hour from the ship over some really bad roads. We took the independent tour and got back with plenty of time, but looking back we could have had vehicle problems and been stuck in Costa Rica. Some of the roads aren't the best in Costa Rica, so just do your homework.

We really enjoyed Costa Rica, and can't wait until we get back to this lovely country.

Thanks for your response, Driftwood Gal. One of my concerns is of course getting back to the ship on time. I'm hoping someone who has been to one or both of these places from Puntarenas will chime in with their experience.

I e-mailed Oscar Brown, who said he will only come to Puntarenas for parties of eight or larger. We thought about using Charlie Soto but have changed our minds. And we prefer not to take the ship's excursion. So I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this on our own.

Hi!

We went to Villa Lapas last month on our Coral repo cruise, while our fellow CC roll-call mates went to TuruBaRi.

We swapped stories afterwards. My husband and I quite enjoyed Villa Lapas, however, we were the ONLY ones doing the zipline there, so there was no waiting. It's a quiet little hotel in the hills, about 45 min. drive from the port. Quite sedate. The guides were excellent and safety wasn't a concern. (I don't like heights.)

The much larger group who went to TuruBarRi said they had an amazing time, and rated that park 9/10. They booked directly through the park and were pleased with the service. There were no concerns about getting back to the ship on time from either zipline – roads to both resorts are excellent.

______

LidoLiz

Archived