Rental Car

redhead621

I will be in St Lucia in November. I am planning on going to Jalousie Plantation for the day. It is located 1 hour from the pier. We are planning on renting a car to get us there. Has anyone had any experience with car rental in St Lucia? I'm looking for something that is close to th pier.

How did you find the roads?

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned yesterday and while in St Lucia saw 2 accidents involving tourists with rental cars. Not trying to discourage you but the roads are VERY STEEP and VERY WINDY, they also drive on the other side of the road. Just my opinion- do a tour or take a cab. Enjoy!!

You may have already sailed by now, but I agree with jkneern - the drive to Jalousie is like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disney World - except that it lasts an hour and a half! (I guess you could make it in an hour if you really knew where you were going and didn't stop along the way).

The roads in St. Lucia between Castries and Soufriere were in really good shape, though - so if you have island driving experience, it shouldn't be a problem.

The beach at the Jalousie resort was absolutely beautiful - our tour only stopped there for about an hour, but I could've made a day of it! Have fun!!

Archived