Millenium family suites

cycle

Going Jan 2008 and was wondering has anyone stayed in a family with verandah on deck 9 - this is for 2 adults.Is there much of an overhang at the back of the ship.
I have not stayed in a Millie FV, but I have been in them [specifically one of the coveted corner units with the extra big balcony; someone I met on CC was staying in one]. These suckers are LARGE - 271 sq.ft in the room(s) (there is a sliding "Japanese" door separating the room(s), 245 sq.ft. on the balcony, except corner balconies are more like 280 sq.ft. Trying to understand what your question is about overhang. You do not overhang the rear of the ship; maybe half of the balcony is covered by the deck above, and half is open to the sky (I think that is probably what you are asking about). Too bad they didn't include a half bath in the second room; then it would be lots nicer for families.

Thank you for your reply - sorry I meant overhang over balcony from above as some people say deck 9 has an overhang.I saw the family rooms with verandah available on line and it was quoting for 2 but when my travel agent rang celebrity to change our booking they said 2 couldn't stay in these rooms so the online system must be wrong -I am disappointed as it was the end rooms with the larger balconies.

You might try to book closer to sail date. We too visited our CC friends in one. They were a family of 3 and were not allowed to book until close to sailing. X holds these for families of 5, but will book less closer to sail date. The one thing I did not like about them was the bed has no ocean view. The pocket door and walls separate the living area which is close to the door from the bedroom area. It almost seemed liked being in an inside cabin. The balcony though is very very nice. Good luck.

Cycle:

I'm afraid your TA was misinformed. If Celebrity's website will allow you to book an FV for 2, you can indeed have it - as I have on several occasions. In fact, my daughter and new son-in-law are in FV 7202 on Summit right now. I have handled this in several ways in the past, but I suggest you go on the website and place a courtesy hold on the cabin you want, then call your TA or Celebrity and have them change it. They will ask the booking number and make the change (I always work with Captain's Club). Have them email you (or your TA) immediately with the confirmation. Alternatively, if you are not at final payment, you could cancel and rebook. Good luck - these cabins are incomparable.

I hate to be a stickler for terminology, but these FV cabins are NOT considered suites (as per the title of the thread). They do not come with a butler or any of the other suite amenities. That being said, they are AWESOME for 2 people, and you should book it if you are able.

Interesting. We tried to book the FV with three for a March 08 sailing. Our TA called Celeb and they told us we HAD to book it with five. Our TA said she would try to call closer to the sailing date to see if the Family Views "opened up" for less people. So, perhaps it depends on the sailing, or who the TA talks to at Celeb., or the TA?? I'm not sure, but I'll be interested to see how this plays out for us.

Good luck!

A corner FV on deck 9 (9197) appeared as available for booking for 2 pax twice in the past two weeks for the March 23 sailing of Millennium -- I'm guessing that someone reserved it when it first came up, and then gave it up and someone else grabbed it. Anyway, it was available in mid-October at a 2 person rate for the 3/23 cruise. I didn't jump at it because we have 7208, and I'm very happy with that.

David

our friends booked a FOV in August for a jan 08 sailing with only 2 in it.

I also was able to put a hold on one a couple weeks ago with only my husband and I for Jan 08-we did decide to go with another room

that being said last jan we were not allowed to book one with 3 of us in the room for this coming Jan 08

we were on board and told they save them for large families

think closer to the sailings they do not care

Has anyone stayed in 7202 on Millenniun - wondering what the balcony was like - is it fairly private or do you feel overlooked.Also what furniture is on the balcony -thanks for any replies.

We had 7202 on the Millenium on the transatlantic last November. You will not be disappointed. Plenty of privacy in the covered area. The open area, while open to view from those above never felt intrusive.

Regards

Cycle, so glad you got this resolved to your satisfaction. We were in 7202 on Millenium this past May and the balcony had three chaises (with cushions), two upright chairs, a large (dining) table and one smaller table. To me the FVs on Vista are the best on the boat. By the way, if Romanito is still the room steward, please give him my regards (we sailed with him from Southampton to Barcelona). You will love this cabin!

Archived