thoughts on this cayman comment

CanadianEh!

We are going to be on the Legend at the end of january stopping in the Grand caymans there will be 6 ships in port that day.

We are there from 7-4 ship time and Island time are the same as we are coming from TAMPA and DST ends on Nov 4th

We currently have a tour booked with captain marvins doing the island tour at 9:00 check in between 8 and 8:30. Followed by stingray sandbar and barrier reef arriving back in town around 1 or 1:15

last tender leaves at 3. To me this looks like more then enough time to get from the ship to the meeting point in the morning and same when we come back maybe even have a few min to shop around the pier as we would like to stop at hard rock and get a glass.

Does anyone see any issues with this? other then January is so far away still :)

thank you all you wise seasons cruisers. I really don't know how people booked holidays with out the internet in the past

i did post on the cayman board but no responses over there.

We are going to be on the Legend at the end of january stopping in the Grand caymans there will be 6 ships in port that day.

We are there from 7-4 ship time and Island time are the same as we are coming from TAMPA and DST ends on Nov 4th

We currently have a tour booked with captain marvins doing the island tour at 9:00 check in between 8 and 8:30. Followed by stingray sandbar and barrier reef arriving back in town around 1 or 1:15

last tender leaves at 3. To me this looks like more then enough time to get from the ship to the meeting point in the morning and same when we come back maybe even have a few min to shop around the pier as we would like to stop at hard rock and get a glass.

Does anyone see any issues with this? other then January is so far away still :)

thank you all you wise seasons cruisers. I really don't know how people booked holidays with out the internet in the past

i did post on the cayman board but no responses over there.

Sounds like a plan to me!

The tender turn around times are remarkably quick so I don't think you'll have an issue with making it on a tender to return to the ship.

Now, all you have to do is WAIT...

;)

You will absolutely have enough time to tender in to meet your tour. I wouldn't be in a rush to get on a tender because there isn't much happening at the tender docks that early in the morning, except waiting in the sun with a lot of other hot sweaty people. If you have to check in between 8:00 and 8:30 I would get on a tender by 8:00, thus you will avoid the mad rush at first call.

And again, after your tour, you will have plenty of time to do your shopping. The Hard Rock is just about a block away from the tender docks. Margaritaville is there too.

I have been to the Caymans many times with 3 or 4 ships but never 6 :confused: :confused: :confused: Thats going to be a mess, I recommend showing up to the Tender alittle eariler to make sure you get a ride back.

Fred

Weren't they having some issues with the Cayman tenders awhile ago? People waiting in lines for over an hour in the blazing sun, etc... Did any of you experience that? Have they resolved it?

The longest we've waited was about 30 minutes, and a couple of times we just walked right on. We did take Capt. Marvins tour and had a wonderful day, that was one of the times where there was barely a line, for some reason. The other times, we headed back within 1/2 hour of sailaway, wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

They are great but last time I was there it was a ZOO. Lines to tenders were really, really long. Carnival Security was at the dock and said they would hold the ships until everyone was tendered. It was a madhouse. We waited behind hundreds of people in the tender lines.

The two times I have been to the Caymans , I don't remember the tender lines being THAT THAT long. but then again there might have been 2 maybe three ships in port at the most.

If you are going to have 6 that day, I would definately get as early a tender as possible in the morning and then get back there as soon as your excursions are done. Getting back on will probably really be a madhouse. And yes it was kind of hot to just be standing there in line. :(

You will absolutely have enough time to tender in to meet your tour. I wouldn't be in a rush to get on a tender because there isn't much happening at the tender docks that early in the morning, except waiting in the sun with a lot of other hot sweaty people.

Do most of the stores open at 9 a.m. ?

I have been to the Caymans many times with 3 or 4 ships but never 6 :confused: :confused: :confused: Thats going to be a mess, I recommend showing up to the Tender alittle eariler to make sure you get a ride back.

Fred

There were 8 ships in Grand Cayman when we were there the first time in December 2005. It was pretty darn crowded. :eek:

Fred

Fred, I 2nd your point. It's taken me 45 minutes to fight the traffic back to the tender then stand in line for another 45 minutes to get back to the ship and I'm not sure I've ever been in port with more than 3 or 4 either. Surely the tenders won't stop running with people in que :confused:

We did the exact same Captain Marvin's tour last January at the same times. We still had time to quickly shop the strip and pop into the gift shop at Margarittaville. The tender lines were very long but moved rather quickly. There were at least 5 or 6 ships with us that day.

See you on the Valor!

Archived