dignetydan

dignetydan

first time on QE2 going December :) My wife likes spa treatments any idea of prices for hot stone & other tretments and if you will have to book in advance. could you also inform me if you can purchase bottles of rum on board as we both like a little tipple whilst getting dressed:o which can somtimes take a while ! i understand you can not take bottles on board and dont want to be waiting on room service.

first time on QE2 going December :) My wife likes spa treatments any idea of prices for hot stone & other tretments and if you will have to book in advance. could you also inform me if you can purchase bottles of rum on board as we both like a little tipple whilst getting dressed:o which can somtimes take a while ! i understand you can not take bottles on board and dont want to be waiting on room service.

Firstly, just a brief hint - try putting something in the subject line that is relevant to your question.

I can't help you on prices for the spa - the prices aren't in the cabin and we didn't actually use the spa. But they do the hot stone treatment that you ask about.

There is a bottle order form in the folder in your cabin. You can order a bottle that way. However Cunard allow you to take a bottle of wine per person - in theory you can't take spirits but in practice if you don't abuse the system then you shouldn't have a problem.

Which trip are you going on?

Matthew

We are going on the christmas market cruise on 6th December. Cant wait to board i got caught up in the nostalgia on her British Isle birhday cruise when she docked at my hometown of Greenock. Thank you for the advice

Make sure you leave the ship tidy. We're on board on the weekend cruise after you!

Make sure you do a lot of reading of these boards. You'll learn a lot about the ship. And do find the Princess Grill bar - it's open to all, notwithstanding the name - and is a lovely place for a pre-dinner glass of champagne. Canapes supplied too. One deck - port side. C stairway - which is the only sign on the main one deck approach.

Matthew

What if one were to buy a a bottle of rum or wine in one of the Caribbean ports--could that be brought back to the cabin?

Not many caribbean ports in North Europe though.......

But yes - you can do that. We bought a lot of booze on board - none drunk on board - and were never questioned - even when we clanked!

Cunard aren't going to worry if you use the bars for the rest of the time - after all, from what has been said, the OP is likely to only have a drink if he can have a bottle.

The questions I'd ask are:

1) Is it easier to buy it on board?

2) How much of a faff is it to bring it on board?

With an eight night cruise, I'd go for the option of buying via a Cunard on board. Bringing bottles on and off can be a nuisance.

However, if the decision is to bring a bottle - then Cunard aren't going to turn nasty.

Matthew

I will leave everything as i found it , no doubt first class. Thats somewhere i would have thought was out of bounds and will go and sample the Princess Grill Bar , i think we are on the same deck deck 1 near the stern . I will be looking at the boards as i have only discovered this site in the last coupl of days and have learnt a lot:)

I will leave everything as i found it , no doubt first class. Thats somewhere i would have thought was out of bounds and will go and sample the Princess Grill Bar , i think we are on the same deck deck 1 near the stern . I will be looking at the boards as i have only discovered this site in the last coupl of days and have learnt a lot:)

Glad to have you aboard. If you aren't a Grill passenger, you can't go into the Queens' Grill Lounge, but everywhere else is free for you to explore. And the Queens' Grill Lounge is only really bearable after dinner for a quiet coffee - the tea service is like God's waiting room, and it is far nicer to be in the Queen's Room.

Matthew

We are going on the christmas market cruise on 6th December. Cant wait to board i got caught up in the nostalgia on her British Isle birhday cruise when she docked at my hometown of Greenock. Thank you for the advice

Hi. We have a 'Roll Call' for this cruise and have an informal CC meet arranged on board. If you go to the roll calls section you will see all the details at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=568684.

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Regards,

David

Dear Dan

Why is Kindlychap being so nice to you? Do you owe him money?

I hope you have a great trip (that's the only bit of this to take seriously). I haven't done Cunard either; my function here is to amuse passing cruisers and myself. I manage the latter very well, the former rarely.

Now to the delicate question of hot stones. Certain cowardly cruisers have - offline would you believe - called upon me to be the one to tell you the truth.

Hot stones are an unfortunate by-product of camp fires. They are under no circumstances to be placed on your body. This would be similar in principle to lovingly running - say - spent nuclear fuel rods up and down your arm. Would you do that? No, you wouldn't. The sole (only, as opposed to Dover) purpose of hot stones is to make you spend money that could be spent buying Kindlychap gin and Chattour-Lateaux in his exclusive bolt-hole somewhere near the boat chimney. Not that I'm jealous or anything. Oh no. Perish the thought. :(

Please have a wonderful time. Please leave the hot stones to the boy scouts.

Oh,and listen to Kindlychap, for he knoweth all. As do the rest of them actually.

Well I must go now. Off to book on NCL or something. As befits one of my lowly salary (I worked it out in dollars; it's barely $45,000,000 a year) and social standing.

NCL paint flowers and things on their boats. 150 foot high. Thus disproving the old adage that you can't make money when you're on drugs. For UK friends - are NCL the Banksies of cruising?

Hic.

Dear Dan

Why is Kindlychap being so nice to you? Do you owe him money?

I hope you have a great trip (that's the only bit of this to take seriously). I haven't done Cunard either; my function here is to amuse passing cruisers and myself. I manage the latter very well, the former rarely.

Now to the delicate question of hot stones. Certain cowardly cruisers have - offline would you believe - called upon me to be the one to tell you the truth.

Hot stones are an unfortunate by-product of camp fires. They are under no circumstances to be placed on your body. This would be similar in principle to lovingly running - say - spent nuclear fuel rods up and down your arm. Would you do that? No, you wouldn't. The sole (only, as opposed to Dover) purpose of hot stones is to make you spend money that could be spent buying Kindlychap gin and Chattour-Lateaux in his exclusive bolt-hole somewhere near the boat chimney. Not that I'm jealous or anything. Oh no. Perish the thought. :(

Oh,and listen to Kindlychap, for he knoweth all. As do the rest of them actually.

Well I must go now. Off to book on NCL or something. As befits one of my lowly salary (I worked it out in dollars; it's barely $45,000,000 a year) and social standing.

NCL paint flowers and things on their boats. 150 foot high. Thus disproving the old adage that you can't make money when you're on drugs. For UK friends - are NCL the Banksies of cruising?

Hic.

For the 'cousins,' what are Banksies?

Kathy

For the 'cousins,' what are Banksies?

Kathy

Banks, known as Banksy, is a well known criminal, who uses graffiti on a massive scale. Fortuately some councils, and hats off to Hackney, are beginning to simply clean off his "work".

Those stupid individuals, Pitt and Jolie, have spent silly money on his "work". Not sure if it includes the pavement or wall though.

Matthew

Not true, you manage the former quite often...and admirably...at least for me. :)

Are you single, big boy?

Hic.

Actually, you might be a lady. In which case of course, the answer would be "how delightful, thank you so much. Are you single?".

And the Queens' Grill Lounge is only really bearable after dinner for a quiet coffee - the tea service is like God's waiting room,

Matthew

You paint a lovely mind picture here. I guess it is difficult for many to venture far from their suites but the need to be seen is still with us all no matter what our age.

Are you stoned? :D

Banks, known as Banksy, is a well known criminal, who uses graffiti on a massive scale. Fortuately some councils, and hats off to Hackney, are beginning to simply clean off his "work".

Those stupid individuals, Pitt and Jolie, have spent silly money on his "work". Not sure if it includes the pavement or wall though.

Matthew

Thank you for the explanation. Pitt-Jolie have the money to move a whole building to their LA mansion should they choose to do so. Is Banks some kind of refugee? Perhaps they'll adopt him and let him paint their house.

Kathy

If he has stopped his graffiti, then no.

Matthew

He stopped when he died in 1990. He's remembered more these days as a social activist, but when he first became known it was because of his drawings in the NYC subways.

He stopped when he died in 1990. He's remembered more these days as a social activist, but when he first became known it was because of his drawings in the NYC subways.

By drawings you mean graffiti? Better known over here by the legal term "criminal damage".....

Matthew

Archived