best hotel in miami

gettin outta here

I like the InterContinental. It is located downtown, very close to the pier and Bayside. The rooms are modern, with marble countertops in the bathroom, tiled shower, separate tub. It's an extremely nice hotel!! Depending on when you are travelling, you may be able to get it on Hotwire for much less than what you would normally pay. For example, we stayed there on Oct 5. IC's website showed the room at $369 for the night. I booked it through Hotwire for $89!! Just do your homework at betterbidding.com to make sure you know what you are purchasing.

Also, check out the East Coast departures board here at cruisecritic. It's very informative.

:rolleyes: Location, location, I think it is the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami Downtown. 340 Biscayne Blvd., Miami 33132 :D

Same here, We book this one due to its location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. here I come :D

Fred

Thanks i went to hotwire and it does quote the rate for a 4 star hotel for $89 but i am a little nervous to book not knowing what hotel or where it is. is there anyway around that

Hotwire can be scary. Stick with the Holiday Inn Bayside. ;)

Same here, We book this one due to its location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. here I come :D

Fred

I love Bubba Gumps!!! That seals the deal on which hotel we're staying at.:D

The Intercontinental is a beautiful hotel but quite expensive. We stay at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside. We use our points so the room is free. The Intercontinental isn't accepting points for some reason. Oh, well, both are in a great location!!!!!!! :) :)

I have used hotwire and gotten the Hyatt Regency twice for a very cheap price. It is a super nice hotel. So is the Intercontinental and the Sheraton....all are convenient and safe.

I've never tried the Holiday Inn, but have seen it. It's not as nice as the above places, but may be a perfectly good place to stay.

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn last week. It's a really nice hotel....not 4* I'm sure, but you aren't paying 4* prices either. It's clean, the location is perfect and the little pool is nice. Very friendly and helpful staff. Free internet access too. :)

Just a short walk across the street to Bayside. Lots of good restaurants and the music was playing. Very nice way to spend an evening before a cruise. :)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and got a suite that overlooked the port! It was wonderful being able to watch all the ships come in. The hotel was reasonably priced and clean, but it wasn't anything fancy. Right across the street was food and shopping. We would stay there again.

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We already booked this hotel for our Freedom Cruise.

Go here to see more pictures and read about the Holiday Inn: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316151

The Address is 340 Biscayne Blvd

attachment.php?attachmentid=18590&d=1142713358

This is a picture from the room, over looking Bayside Market and the Port of Miami, you can see a few ships in the background, thats how close you are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18549&d=1142686699

While you are there, go to South Beach Deco District and have breakfast at one of their outdoor cafes. These 2 tourist palm trees walked infront of this picture.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18569&d=1142702590

I can't stay at the Holiday Inn because there is no availability. Our trip is not until February and they are booked up already. I am so disapointed. I really wanted to stay there and that was before I heard about Bubba Gumps!

photo_small_1.jpg059374_ROOM_13_B.jpg059374_ROOM_05_B.jpg059374_EXT_11_B.jpg059374_ROOM_08_B.jpg

Intercontinental Hotel. You can get it for the same price as the Holiday Inn on Priceline. It's across the street from the Holiday Inn right on the water. Water walkway to Bayside. We have stayed at both and we will never stay at the Holiday Inn again:)

Archived