Not seeing the bridal

I saw my groom briefly the morning of our wedding but he didn't see me in my gown until I was walking towards him on the beach for the ceremony. I showered in our cabin but got ready in my Aunt & Uncle's cabin (they had a suite so it gave me alot of room which was nice. Plus I kept my gown & accessories in their cabin as soon as we boarded). We had 1 limo pick up the guys at the port at 9am and a 2nd limo to pick up me & the ladies (well, and my Dad!) at 9:30am. This made me feel confident that he would definitley be on his way to the beach when I was making my way to the port entrance in my dress. I'm glad we did it that way because the element of surprise on his face when he saw me for the 1st time in my gown walking towards him on the beach was priceless :D . Good Luck!

Yes, it's do-able. We didn't do anything tradtional -we saw and helped each other get ready. Your wedding coord. will ask you how you want to do it and about any specific details that are important to you.

Yep, definitely tell your coordinator!

We wanted to do it that way (I want my fiance to have that WOW moment when he sees me) but the only way we could do it was to have him driven to the Ministry (on shore wedding) and then to the location and have another car take me those places. It sounded too complicated for me so we are going to improvise. He'll get dressed up and leave the cabin for a while. He'll wander the ship and meet me back at the cabin door in an hour. We'll leave together and he's still going to get that first look! ;)

See if the photographer can be there to capture the moment that the groom first gets a look at you. The coordinator and the photographer would have to help orchestrate this so the groom's back can be turned until the right moment. As a wedding photographer, it's one of my favorite shots to get when the bride and groom elect to see each other before the ceremony. When I was a destination bride, that was done for me and the photo he got of that moment is priceless. It's a little more difficult to capture that first glimpse when you wait for him to see you until you go down the aisle unless the photographer has an assistant that can get that shot while the main photographer focuses on the bride. So, turn it into something really special. Just a thought!

Archived