RCI Excursion - Can't Get an Answer on St. Thomas Website

beverland

Has anyone taken the following excursion? I think it is new. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Caribbean Sail to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves

On sailing schooner "Bones", scenic tour to Christmas Cove at Great St. James off SE coast of St. Thomas. Snorkel at deserted island, then back on board for chips & salsa.

Sail to Water Island's Honeymoon Beach only accessible by boat. Snorkel, then lunch. Banana benders, beer, sodas, etc. while sailing back through St. Thomas harbor.

We booked this tour through Royal Caribbean and went the first week of October. It was the highlight of our cruise. Although when we booked it stated we would be on the "Bones" we were on a catamaran called "Dancing Dolphin". I asked about the change and was told that the Bones was in for its scheduled drydock maintenance. We had no problems at all on the Dolphin and as I said, it was the favorite of our group (6 adults). The crew was extremely friendly. The lunch was waiting for us when we got to the island and it was delicious. The snorkeling was fair (I think the rainy weather had stirred up the ocean so it wasn't too clear) but we did see plenty of sea turtles. The only thing I could complain about it getting back on the catamaran after snorkeling. You had to go up a set of steps, but it was really difficult to do. Also, you had to jump off the boat into the ocean and this did freak out a few people. After the snorkeling, they kept the rum punch flowing and the music playing. We had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Kadiem,

Thanks for the info. Did you group also give you the temporary pirate tatoos? How many people were on the excursion? It may be the same company we snorkeled with a few years ago. We had a great time, but there were lots of people snorkeling, and it got to be a little chaotic. :eek:

Sounds like you had fun, though, so we'll probably book it.

We have gone on this excursion twice. It was great. The first year it was on Bones..and this August it was DaBloom(sp) The crew was terrific...snorkeling was great too. We saw turtles, sting rays, and lots of fish. The booze flowed very freely after the snorkeling. There were quite a few people, but it was not overcrowded and there were no problems. Most boats do have steps...the crew was very willing to help you get up them.

Highly recommend this excursion.

Archived